Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Dabs

Options
  • 11-08-2009 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

I recently got a 22" computer monitor from Dabs.ie

Unfortunately there is a problem with it. I contacted Dabs almost immediately and they directed me to the manufacturer.

When the manufacturer finally answered my emails, they agreed that the monitor is faulty and needs to be repaired. However they are insisting that I pay for postage cost to the repair centre in the UK.

This can't be right, can it? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

It is right I'm afraid.
    Its the standard practice that you pay for return of the item to be repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Incorrect, Dabs are responsible for the faulty item and its return... to them and let them deal with manufacturer. How soon after delivery did the fault occur?

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Incorrect, Dabs are responsible for the faulty item and its return... to them and let them deal with manufacturer. How soon after delivery did the fault occur?

MC
    The fault was apparent as soon as I switched it on for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

podge3 wrote: »
    The fault was apparent as soon as I switched it on for the first time.
    Dead on Arrival? Not exactly fit for the purpose it was bought, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

And how soon after did you contact Dabs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

send it back to Dabs. let them arrange collection and replacement as the manufacturer does not have to do anything for you but the retailer is responsible for collection/postage and replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Go onto dabs' website and generate an RMA return yourself. The website will set up a courier collection. Take photos of the monitor and pack it up, you'll get it back fixed or a refund in a couple of weeks. Avoid calling them.

This worked for my broken screen, and after having it for 9 months at that!

Advertisement