Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If someone were to just hand you a big wodge of cash...

• 11-08-2009 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭

a few grand say, and insist that under no circumstances could it be spent on anything sensible, you have to go out and buy beautiful expensive items of clothing, shoes, bags and what have you for yourself, what would you buy?

I've been doing a lot of fantasy shopping lately (not a particularly big label head ordinarily but currently have no money for clothes purchasing at all so thought it would be safer to do my fantasy shopping on websites I couldn't stupidly convince myself to purchase from under pretence of things being bargains :D) and have decided on..

composite.jpg

a snip at $529 from fluevog.com

these

thumb.jpg

also from fluevog.com

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=8596101

from Vivenne Westwood

and this from d&g

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=8130003

anyone else got a fantasy shopping list?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I would throw out my entire wardrobe bar a couple of pieces and just go out and fill it again.

Have no idea what I'd buy.

To a certain extent this happened to me a while ago. I'm a broke student so my mam told me she'd bring me out shopping and she's pay for everything. I could buy anything I wanted and as much as I wanted.

I couldn't find a single thing. Not one single item appealed to me. Figures :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Ok I'd buy ALOT
    Id start with this Miu Miu bag
    http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/48823
    These Louboutins in black
    http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/48259
    A classic chanel bag
    timeless-classic-chanel-flap-bag.jpg
    EqV0.jpg
    Some nice tiffanys jewellery
    http://uk.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP02235&mcat=148204&cid=288158&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+288158-r+0+201287465-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+
    Also the Vivienne Westwood coat you posted above (saw it on netaporter last week and fell in love)
    http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/46376

oh and also this fabulous Marchessa gown
    http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/47227

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yep, a Chanel handbag would be my pick.

I did see the coolest military style jacket by some designer I never heard of before (beginning with the letter P) for £500. Had cool design on the shoulders. I'd post a pic but can't remember the designers name. :(

Oh and maybe some Chloe knee high boots.

Edit: I want that Vivienne Westwood coat too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

Woah there's so many things I'd want lol.
    I'd start with...

Cheap%2BMonday%2BJeans%2B2.jpgcheap monday jeans
    BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFnpsaDFYRmJiM1JHRF9mamVCYnFMamcAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg<every colour converse available
    121491.gif6a00e398ce1f6b00010100a805dff5000e-120pi < everything from the babycakes and dropdead lines :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I would go to Topshop, Office, H&M, Pull & Bear, in that order.

If I had anything left over i would go to Agent Provocatur in BT's!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

2w2efjr.jpg

Every day is a new day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

id ebay it up and look for cheap stuff! haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I'd buy one of every single style of Irregular Choice shoes

Swoon ......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Orlee wrote: »

That would be a little slice of heaven, they have a pair of red sparkly wrestling boots on their website that I want to buy 2 pairs of, one for me now and one to go back in time and give to my 8 year old self. I would have been the happiest kid in the whole world with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

This Vivienne Westwood coat!
    423610.jpg

These Louboutins.
    48254_in_l.jpg

These boots on amazon.
    41tKpWIts4L._AA280_.jpg

These two from modcloth.com:
    4967-1.jpg?f4c70afab9af559daa9d9b22f99d59769adfc126
    6129-1.jpg?f4c70afab9af559daa9d9b22f99d59769adfc126

Then I'd spend the rest on make up, Topshop clothes, Irregular Choice shoes and everything from asos and modcloth.

Edit: Ooh and this Irregular Choice bag:
    2612-1-l.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Lana80

Sexy lingerie

God damn, I really want that Vivienne Westwood coat now...

fonpokno wrote: »
    God damn, I really want that Vivienne Westwood coat now...

It is quite beautiful, and think of how warm you'd be all Winter :D

It is quite beautiful, and think of how warm you'd be all Winter :D

Indeed I would! Now I'll go buy it with my mountains of spare cash... No, wait....

DAMN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I would buy a Chanel bag, or possibly many Chanel bags!
    all_chanel_bags.jpg

A Mulberry bag
    mulberry33333.jpg

Some pink Ray Ban's :)
    321_1.jpg

This white Guess watch. Had one, absolutely loved it and lost it so would be so happy if I got a new one!
    AAAAAoCrVloAAAAAABtTRg.jpg

Loads of other things too! I'd buy most of Topshop and a lot of make up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

That would be a little slice of heaven, they have a pair of red sparkly wrestling boots on their website that I want to buy 2 pairs of, one for me now and one to go back in time and give to my 8 year old self. I would have been the happiest kid in the whole world with them

Oooooh ... the wrestlemania ones? They're are so fab!

If you sign up for their newsletter you get 10% off your first purchase :)

Just wish Schuh stocked more of them

Oh --- I'd also buy one of every Paul's Boutique bags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Definitely. I have somewhere in the region of 20 pairs and I visited the shop on Carnaby Street, London, last weekend. Absolute heaven - blog and photos here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I'd buy every skate shoe imaginable- i love them, they're so so so comfy and they're so funky. I posted in the recent purchases about my new pair of vans, I just love them.

I'd buy one or two pairs of high heels, no idea what though, I'm reaaally not a high heel girl, so I don't tend to buy them at all :o

I'd buy a whole new wardrobe, but it would probably be the same as what I already have- loads of basic tops, loads of cardigans, loads of baggy jeans, but I'd buy more funky tshirts, some nicer going out tops and jeans, some pretty prom-style dresses and a really really nice coat or two.

Actually I'd probably forfeit the high heels to buy some really nice underwear- that's the one thing I do get really girly about, I love nice underwear- I forfeit meals in college sometimes to afford nice underwear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

id love to blow it all on apair of diamond studs.

nice big sparkly ones, but not bling bling ones either... classy ones (cos im sch a lady :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Easy, march straight in to BT and buy at least two pairs of Loubiton classic heels and a pair of gorgy winter boots (also heeled!) then with the rest Id hop on a cheap flight to London and run riot in Topshop and American Apparel on Oxford street with the general aim of replacing my entire wardrobe to update my look. Then if theres any left over, in to the Chanel boutique in Paris and have them tailor make me a classic Chanel suit that I could wear till I die, timeless elegance. Yeah, probably a bit ambitious but it's my fantasy...;)

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »
    Some pink Ray Ban's :)
    321_1.jpg

Random fact about meh:

Always wanted a nice pair of Ray Bans, black or like below.

Seen the perfect pair. Then I seen one of the Jonas Brothers kept wearing them, and I decided I didn't want them anymore. They are lovely but.

rb_2140.jpg

If I had loads of monies I would buy the three new Fred Perry vrs. The Specials designs over on www.fredperry.com I'm in London next week so might spoil myself and buy one (if the bank allow it :rolleyes:)

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Random fact about meh:

Always wanted a nice pair of Ray Bans, black or like below.

Seen the perfect pair. Then I seen one of the Jonas Brothers kept wearing them, and I decided I didn't want them anymore. They are lovely but.

rb_2140.jpg

If I had loads of monies I would buy the three new Fred Perry vrs. The Specials designs over on www.fredperry.com I'm in London next week so might spoil myself and buy one (if the bank allow it :rolleyes:)

Ooooh, those Ray Bans are beautiful! :)

...not when one of the Jonas Brothers is wearing them.

*though we are unlikely to ever be in the same room.

You never know, better to be safe than sorry! It's still ok for me to get the pink one's.... if I ever manage to have money in the bank again!

I got a bank statement today, didn't even open it. This is the way forward. Spend until they show up at the door, then pretend the card was robbed.

Continuing on the subject of what I'd buy if I'd loads of money

http://www.allsaints.com/product/?page=1&category_id=206&&prod_desc_id=5051214475806&position=4

http://www.allsaints.com/product/?page=6&category_id=206&&prod_desc_id=5051214477572&position=32

Love All Saints shirts, but the hell if I'd pay that for one at the minute.

Well I got a phone call because they were worried my card had been stolen 'cause I'd been spending so much money! I was in New York, ya see! I should've said yes, yes it was stolen so please give me back a few grand!

Love the shirts. Also love All Saints.

I would buy :
    Christian-Louboutin-Studded-Pumps-736138.jpg
    Gota have me some Louboutin's, of course!

AND :
    Chanel+Pearls.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I'd go to London or New York on a spending spree and while I was there, I'd go to the best hair salon they have and get a full head of extensions with the best hair in the market. The treat would be not having to buy the wefts of hair in the shop and spend hours at home sewing them together.

Oooooh ... the wrestlemania ones? They're are so fab!

yes!! Those exact ones! I'm hoping other people don't like them at all and I can pick them up at a mega discount in a nice sale at some stage, unfortunately have to use money for practical clothes at the moment and until I can wear shiny red runner boots to work (poss career change to professional wrestler to be considered) they don't count as practical. Life is hard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I agree with everyone who's uttered the words: Christian Louboutin.

I tried on a pair a couple of Christmases ago and absolutely loved them . . . so much so that I contemplated going back and dropping the cash for them.

Then I returned to reality (and have since continued to pine).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

chanelboots%5B1%5D.gif

Chanel Thigh Boots - Oh yes.

Advertisement