Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom pop access on say BT Broadband service

Options
  • 11-08-2009 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know about having change the outbound SMTP but heard a rumour that Eircom recently restricted POP access for eircom.net email addresses to Eircom Broadband subscribers and one could only use webmail

Can anyone confirm what the situation is ?

Basically some will need to use an eircom business email address at my house for a year or more so it would be easier not having to change from BT to Eircom although with BT merging with Vodafone ..might have to ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LiamCr

I POP my Eircom account over Imagine BB, it is still working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if all else fails, do what I do.

the last eircom.net connection I had was dialup, but i used to wrok for them (many moons ago) and i kept an eircom email address after i left but i now use a gmail account for my main email so I set up pop retreival on that so that gmail collects my eircom mail every few minutes and runs it through their own spam filters go weed out 99% of the junk and then I use gmail pop access to collect my gmail and eircom mail from there with my email client. i also use gmail to send mail via smtp from the same client with my eircom address as the replyto address as it looks a little more civilised than the gmail one.

it means i get a 5 minute delay on any eircom mail (give or take a few minutes) but it's almost totally spam free and works perfectly with my mail client on my pc.

Advertisement