Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Pump for Well

Options
  • 11-08-2009 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I currently have a well that i want to get back to using it. The problem is I need a new pump and have no idea where the best place is to get a new one. There is no model or any information on the old one so there is nothing to go by.If anyone has any websites or suggestions on where best to get one would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

soloeffort wrote: »
    I currently have a well that i want to get back to using it. The problem is I need a new pump and have no idea where the best place is to get a new one. There is no model or any information on the old one so there is nothing to go by.If anyone has any websites or suggestions on where best to get one would be much appreciated.

Just go to Google.ie, click Pages from Ireland and type "well pumps". Lots of info and suppliers there.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

NJ Power in dublin does a brilliant range of well pumps. I am not to sure if they deal direct but you can call them and ask them about your nearest supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭daithip

Also depends if it's a deep well (done by well drilling machine) or a dug well (by a digger). Most co-ops if you're in the country or good plumbing retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

You will need to know the following information to decide on the pump.

The Dept of the Well in Feet.
    The flow rate of the Water coming from the the Well. Usually measured in Gal per minute. The reason is if the Pump is too powerful it can pump the well dry pretty quickly. So the Well has to be able to recover quickly basically filling quicker than the Pump can empty it.

If you have or can find out that info then sizing of the Pump is quite easy.
    For what it's worth I would always recommend a submersible Pump as they give very little trouble. and are Silent compared to a lift pump located in a Garage etc.
    Also make sure and Carry a spare Capacitor as they can go at anytime.
    Like mine recently at 9pm Friday night and had to wait until Monday to get one.
    I can also recommend NJ Power they supplied a Pump for me 16 years ago and it is still going strong with never a problem.

Advertisement