Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any mechanics looking for a nixer?

• 11-08-2009 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey there,

I'm looking at some used cars this week in South Dublin. Hoping to buy one pretty quickly. I don't know enough about cars to check them out properly for myself and since I'm not from Dublin I won't have anyone with me who can do it. So I'm looking for a mechanic who, if I found one I wanted to buy, could check it out quickly for me. I was going to ring around to garages but if theres anyone out there who is a qualified mechanic who wants to make a quick 50 euro send me a pm

Cheers!

Jane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Hi Jane,

Considering said mechanic would have to take the guts of an hour out of his day, travel to where you're looking at the car and back and also loose an hours labour i think you would get better response offering €100. Even at that he would only be marginally better off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Barr

Your better off finding a car you like and then arrange to take it to a nearby garage to get it checked over.

Advertisement