Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAC1 need help

Options
  • 11-08-2009 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

im applying for the first time for a shotgun. Any help would be great.

1. in section 2.3 who do put here??

2. in section 2.5 what does this mean/what do you write here?

3. in section 3.5:
    if i am applying for a shot gun do i need to buy a safe??

4. in section 4.1 how many rounds do are you aloud for 1 shotgun??

5. in section 5.2 how many land owners do i need permission off ??

tanks for any help.:):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

There are examples and guidance on the following websites:

www.nargc.ie

www.targetshootingireland.org

www.rathdrumrpc.org

There's also a lot of help on the thread here about the form itself.

I've also answered one of your questions on the safe on the other thread.

Impatient are we????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 burke08

rrpc wrote: »
    I've also answered one of your questions on the safe on the other thread.

Impatient are we????

very impatient.

Have put a deposit on new gun and need to send forms in ASAP. dont no if he'll keep the gun for an extended period of time.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

burke08 wrote: »
    very impatient.

Have put a deposit on new gun and need to send forms in ASAP. dont no if he'll keep the gun for an extended period of time.:mad:

The way business is at the moment I think you may find your gundealer to be very accomodating.

i hope so!!!:D

does anyone no what the letter from the land owner should look like/ contain???

• Advertisement

i hope so!!!:D

does anyone no what the letter from the land owner should look like/ contain???
    Do a search on here for land permission or folio or something like that. There were sample letters posted somewhere on this forum a while back.

And it's KnoW, text speech is verboten here.

tankz to RRPC you've been great help...
    just one last question ...:D ive asked b4 and havent found anything on the links provided above.

in section 2.5 what does this mean/what do you write here?

"please provide proof of your competence in the possession use and carriage of firearms"

All help greatly appreachateted!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

See post #3 on thread below for sample letter courtesy of one Mr. Clivej

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61192704#post61192704

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

tankz to RRPC you've been great help...
    just one last question ...:D ive asked b4 and havent found anything on the links provided above.

in section 2.5 what does this mean/what do you write here?

"please provide proof of your competence in the possession use and carriage of firearms"

All help greatly appreachateted!!

Well.. you have stated that its your first shotgun , but is it your first firearm ?
    If it isnt your first firearm ... and you have licenced another previously and had no problems that will serve as proof of your competence to use it safely.

If.. it is your first firearm....... you should take a firearms safety course , in the case of a shotgun .. a few basic lessons at a clay shooting facility would probably suffice and also start you off on the right foot.

hi again...

any1 know were i can buy a gunsafe in the wicklow town/rathdrum area??

• Advertisement

There's a firm in the Rathnew Industrial Estate (behind the Wimpy) called Omega something or other and they sell safes. The last time I was in with them getting some locks they had a couple of very good gunsafes in their warehouse.

rrpc wrote: »
    There's a firm in the Rathnew Industrial Estate (behind the Wimpy) called Omega something or other and they sell safes. The last time I was in with them getting some locks they had a couple of very good gunsafes in their warehouse.

tanks..do you know the price range???

tanks..do you know the price range???
    No idea.

Don't even know if they still have them. It was well over a year ago when I was last there.

Advertisement