If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

46 or 47 Inch LCD

• 11-08-2009 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

I've been looking at the Sony 46 v5500 or 46w5500. Can you please let me know what price you have those at?
    I also saw in another thread that you have the Phillips 47 8404. I've always been a Sony buyer but that sounds like a good deal as well.

Finally, my new house has a wall mount already in place. Can you please let me know what it would cost to simply screw in the TV? (I assume it's a two minute job but I live alone).

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi there,

I've been looking at the Sony 46 v5500 or 46w5500. Can you please let me know what price you have those at?
    I also saw in another thread that you have the Phillips 47 8404. I've always been a Sony buyer but that sounds like a good deal as well.

Finally, my new house has a wall mount already in place. Can you please let me know what it would cost to simply screw in the TV? (I assume it's a two minute job but I live alone).

Thanks!

Hi Red and apologies for the delay in getting back to you!

46V5500 - we don't currently stock this model unfortunately
    46W5500 - £1049.95 (in-store only)
    47PFL8404 - EURO €1349.99

I'm not sure if you have seen the reviews of the new 8 and 9 series on Boards and generally across the web but they really are an excellent TV.

Ok the wall mount thing - generally the brackets are universal however without actually seeing it we cannot be sure - but a decent bracket for the 8404 for instance would be €49 - on the time to install it - it really just depends (cop out answer :o) it depends on which bracket it is, is there power/source at the bracket and of course have you an extra body to give you a lift! I would assume to install and set up the TV on a wall bracket it would take a good hour if it was to be done properly.

Thanks again and drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 redstarritzi

Thanks John.

I see the Philips on for €1307 on another site. Do you think you could do me the same deal as another poster and give it to me for €1299 including delivery? :)

(I'm in Dublin).

Cheers!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks John.

I see the Philips on for €1307 on another site. Do you think you could do me the same deal as another poster and give it to me for €1299 including delivery? :)

(I'm in Dublin).

Cheers!

Done,

(I have been I think)

Drop me a PM with your contact details if you want to get a nice shiny newbie NETTV ......Temptation beckons......

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.