Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improv in Sunny SE

• 11-08-2009 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭

Am I imagining things or was this on another forum I saw it?
    Wasn't there a post here about a theatre/improv workshop in Kinsale or Cork City.? I think by Marcus?

I just referred someone from Cork City to it when they rang, and they said it wasn't here - they're right!

Marcus, you didn't cancel your workshop did you? Can you repost the info if not? Was the post removed maybe?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 guthlaf

Hi Innisboffin,

No, the workshop wasnt cancelled. I just forgot to add permission to the moderator and it was deleted. I guess I am new to this forums! Now I know that personal details and prices of the workshop should only be sent by PM to people interested.

So, I will copy the information without the personal details and price and if anyone is interested in this workshops, please PM me and I will send the rest of the details. (There is a special discount of 15% for members of Boards.ie)

Here is the info:

Explore Creativity through Improvisation Workshop

September 13th 2009 - 10am to 5pm - Kinsale Pottery & Arts Centre
    Led by: Marcus Bale

This dynamic workshop will focus on the element of Creativity in Improvisation. Through exercises, drama games and improvised situations we will learn how to express our creativity through action.

Drama improvisation uses exercises that deal with the imagination in a conscious and in a subconscious level, and develops the awareness of the here and the now.

This workshop will help its participants to trigger their creative potential, using Verbal & Physical Storytelling, Image Theatre (Theatre of the Oppressed), Viewpoints and other interesting techniques based on Improvisation.

Exercising elements such as intuition, trust, spontaneity and through the use of the body, our voice and our mind we will explore and expand our creativity.

About the facilitator:

Marcus Bale trained in Buenos Aires for seven years in different Actors Studios. He also studied Improvisation, Clown, Circus, Mime, Physical, Mask and Anthropological Theatre. In Ireland he performed and directed a multitude of plays. Since 2002 he has been giving workshops on Improvisation, Clowning, Commedia dell' Arte, & the Techniques of Jerzi Grotowski, Jacques LeCoq, Eugenio Barba & Augusto Boal’s Theatre of the Oppressed, always emphasising the physical aspect of theatre. He has taught in Ireland, Germany, Italy, Canada & Argentina. In 2001 he co-founded BYOB Productions. The same year he co-founded Cyclone Comedy Improv Troupe. In 2002 he was co-founder of the Snatch Comedy Improv Troupe with whom he performs all over Ireland. In 2003 he became Teacher for the Gaiety School of Acting in Cork teaching adults, children & teenagers. He also teaches "The Spirit of Sign", Cork Deaf Community Drama group & is also guest teacher at the Theatre Courses in Kinsale College of Further Education & KCAT Drama Course in Callan, Kilkenny among other groups.

For more information, please dont hesitate and send me a PM

Details:

- When is this workshop happening? Sunday 13th of September, 2009
    - What time? 10am to 5pm
    - Where? Kinsale Pottery and Arts Centre ( http://www.kinsaleceramics.com/)

- How much is it & how to book a place? Please PM me if you are interested and will send you full details. (There is a special discount of 15% for members of Boards.ie)

See you there!!

Marcus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Faceman/ Mods, could we please have an 'upcoming workshops' sticky do you think? The upcoming auditions one seems to be working well. There IS already a place where professional dance folks can place their info, could we have one for theatre-related stuff too? I used to refer folks a lot to boards for stuff out of my area, now that has trailed off..

Can mods please clarify if we can with permission from a mod post info here?
    What are the criteria to post?

I think a thread would be good, and not clutter up the boards, a sticky so people can search it for recent posts..

I think newbies or people who had been away for a while may not know their posts are not allowed, it's a bit unclear. Thanks! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I will review the request for a workshops thread with the Community Managers and let you know the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 guthlaf

I agree with Inisboffin that a workshops thread will be a great idea. Workshops are the one thing that actors never stop doing no matter how experience they have (in my experience this has been the way). It will also help avoiding misunderstandings (like the one that occurred to me), and like inisboffin say, avoid cluttering the board with offers. All in one sticky thread, that sounds good.

Best wishes,

guthlaf

Thanks Faceman :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thread created below. Please read rules first! :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055648477

That's great! Thank you :):)

Advertisement