Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edinburgh Uni...Can i have some help please *sob sob*

• 11-08-2009 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hiya all
    I know theres been umpteen posts on this but im hopin someone can help with my own peculiar situation

have been made redundant
    working otherwise for past 3 years
    thinking of course in edinburgh college of art in building conservation for 1 year
    its a masters

i hope i can get a grant from SAAS
    anyone know from experience in similar situations if i can get living costs grant or similar

or if ild be entitled to a local authority grant from Ireland

Muchos muchos gracias

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 StradBally

From the website of Edinburgh College of Art & Design -
    http://www.eca.ac.uk/index.php?id=351

Financial support
    In general, there is little assistance with payment of tuition fees for postgraduate study. The College receives a quota of SAAS funded places for certain programmes and these are allocated by the relevant Departments. In addition, some local education authorities may be willing to fund postgraduate study
    Information on financial support can be found on the following websites:
    Student Awards Agency for Scotland
    Graduate career information and advisory service
    Arts and Humanities Research Board

They also give estimates on the cost of living in Edinburgh - not the cheapest of cities for accomodation. The College of Art collaborates with Heriot Watt University on some courses, perhaps this is one. That would mean that you would possibly qualify to stay in student halls in the HW Ricarton campus on the outskirts of the city which could reduce your living costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

In general there is very little state administered funding for postgrad in the UK, and from recollection the Local Authority schemes in ROI only apply to the 32 counties at postgraduate level (they've a list of approved universities and the only UK ones are in NI).

Advertisement