Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Direct Debit Error

• 11-08-2009 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭

I was just on my on-line banking (AIB) and I noticed a direct debit from Meteor dated the 10th but I only paid my bill 2 weeks ago. Rang meteor but the credit dept. isn't open until 8. Customer service could only see my last bill and had no idea what the debit was.

Perhaps this upgrade they're doing has really screwed everything up!! Anybody else notice any random direct debit or is it just me?

Anyhow I'll find out more in the morning and I'll update.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Are you setup to pay by direct debit?
    Did you pay this bill manually?
    Maybe your manual payment overlapped with the direct debit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭anton

Dunno, just checked my online banking (direct debit as well) and I'm seeing Meteor transaction of Aug 10th, and the previous month they charged me on Jun 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

Random wrote: »
    Are you setup to pay by direct debit?
    Did you pay this bill manually?
    Maybe your manual payment overlapped with the direct debit?

Yes I'm setup for Direct Debit
    No I didn't pay manually.

The only reason I notice a problem is that usually it always comes out at the end of the month around the 22nd -26th and also I haven't even got the bill yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Does your statement confirm it's a DD rather tha maybe a topup you might have done for someone else or something and forgotten about?

Otherwise I've got nothing until you get onto Meteor tomorrow.

No, I never top up for anybody. I'm just too mean. :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Update:
    Well nothing new actually, Rang meteor again they've no idea what it is. They just requested that I send a copy of my bank statement to them. :confused: Just off the phone with AIB to get an updated statement....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Finally Update:

Sent my bank statement to customer care, they forwarded it to credit control. Had to follow it up myself to as nobody rang back.

Good news: Getting a full refund back into my bank account.

Bad news: No explanation of what had gone wrong... Also I tried to change to bill pay lite and she wouldn't/couldn't change it because my bill date is on the 4th and the bill pay lite offer ends on the 31st. Think I'll change to O2 or vodafone. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Finally Update:

Sent my bank statement to customer care, they forwarded it to credit control. Had to follow it up myself to as nobody rang back.

Good news: Getting a full refund back into my bank account.
    Good to hear you got everything sorted out ok.
    Bad news: No explanation of what had gone wrong... Also I tried to change to bill pay lite and she wouldn't/couldn't change it because my bill date is on the 4th and the bill pay lite offer ends on the 31st. Think I'll change to O2 or vodafone. :(
    I'd be suprised if this BPL offer isn't extended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Talking to Meteor staff yesterday asking about the N97 and she told me that its coming out this month, along with some inproved Bill pay tarrifs. I was given out about how I was gettin 400mins for €60pm an I can get 300 for €25pm on the BP lite. So she said that there was suspose to be some big meeting this Wed and they would be rolling out some All new and revamped tarrifs. I wonder...:rolleyes:

Advertisement