Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using home network with tv

Options
  • 11-08-2009 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

*This is probably the wrong forum so if its needed to be moved go ahead :D*

Im basically wondering wheter there's a machine that i can use with my wireless home network to watch films I have on my computer on a tv in the house.

I already have tversity set up streaming from my computer to my xbox in one room but I dont want to buy another xbox for each tv.

If anyone knows of a unit for this it would be a great help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I'd recommend getting and old xbox1, softmodding it and putting xbmc on it. It definitely offers the best codec support, the only problem is how to connect back to your wireless network. You could use something like the wga54g if you can still find one. Might be worth looking into, the only real disadvantages is that it won't be able to play hidef content.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lambchops

There are a number of network media devices that do exactly what your asking. Som come with a hard drive or allow an external one be connected as well as stream over your network. Very few will do this wirelessly without some extra adaptor.
    Check http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.aspx?bn=10860 for a fair idea of whats available. It should give you a nice idea of pricings and what options are available to begin researching exactly what you require.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

A few more ideas here, can google for them elsewhere for better prices and reviews

Advertisement