Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debrand & Update Software on Samsung M8800 Pixon

• 11-08-2009 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭

I am familiar with debranding & updating software on a Nokia

How dooes one go about checking software version and updating and debranding a Samsung M8800 Pixon. It is unlocked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

no one?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

*#1234#

Will tell you which firmware you are running.

As for debranding Samsung phones, it is not as easy as using NSS on Nokia ones! :confused:

I have instructions at home somewhere on how do debrand a Samsung Tocco Ultra and from what I googled, the procedure is more or less the same on your phone. I'll see if I can get proper instructions and the files you need

But if your phone is network locked, the debranding might not work and as always you do so at your own risk.

Which provider are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Try this site Link

I used info from that site to debrand my Vodafone "Swine flu" infected S6800,

According to that site, Samsung don't really do Firmware updates for their phones. Some of the Mods there are Samsung Techies and they upload newer Legal Samsung firmwares, although there is also a hacked firmware thread.

You heard it here first! :cool:

Good luck.

Advertisement