Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help required for Total Permanent Disability

Options
  • 11-08-2009 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Help sought with insurance claim. I took insurance out approx 10 years ago, believing I had total disability cover, I have medical records to prove I am incapable of holding down the job I trained for (in construction). I have been told I would be a Health & Safety risk on a building site, yet insurance company tell me I would be able to supervise work, or carry out other simple tasks on site, and this I dispute. The insurance folk say that in order to qualify for the cover, I must be 'permanently totally disabled from all gainful employment'. I feel I couldn't hold down a job with my present condition.

Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone had a successful claim in this area? Any help/advice greatly received!

Thanks,
    Tiny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Would u believe im reading the QFA in Life assurance at the mo. I'll find a answer tomorrow but i suspect they are right.
    However u need to give more details as to what type of policy u have and the exact benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

AFAIK it depends on weather you took the 'own occupation' option at the start(the more expensive option). Think there is two levels, a payout based on you being unfit for you to do your own specified occupation or weather you are unfit to complete 'any occupation'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Unfortunatley TBD is one of those policies that can be disputed.

Like Pablo said. Is it "own occupation" ?

If so, then you may have a case.

Otherwise you need to be totally incapable of doing even so much as a desk job, or working in a library to be eligible!

Advertisement