Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Account Over Draft

Options
  • 11-08-2009 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

I need an overdraft quite soon. I have a student plus account with AIB. I dont have a job and I need a over draft of 100 euro. Is this possible and how long will it take to go through the sooner the better?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I have a normal current account. What I did was ring Telephone banking and they transferred me to the relevant dept. The overdraft was active the next day.

Would suggest you do the same or contact your bank directly

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Random wrote: »
    I have a normal current account. What I did was ring Telephone banking and they transferred me to the relevant dept. The overdraft was active the next day.

Would suggest you do the same or contact your bank directly

The bank is only down the road from me but do you think it would be better for me to ring them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Bajingo wrote: »
    The bank is only down the road from me but do you think it would be better for me to ring them?
    I doubt it makes much difference to be honest. I avoid banks wherever possible and do everything over the phone or online - this is why the banks provide these mediums.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Random wrote: »
    I doubt it makes much difference to be honest. I avoid banks wherever possible and do everything over the phone or online - this is why the banks provide these mediums.

Yea I suppose you're right..it would be less intimidating aswell thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Bajingo wrote: »
    Yea I suppose you're right..it would be less intimidating aswell thanks.

how did you get on with applying for an overdraft?

• Advertisement
Advertisement