Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lion Mutilates and kills 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring Fight

• 11-08-2009 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

An African Lion is responsible for the death of 28 Cambodian Midgets.

Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.

The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni readily accepted.

An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city’s coliseum.

The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they “… could out-wit and out-muscle [it].”

Unfortunately, he was wrong."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Urban legend, it never actually happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

It's probably bad that I laughed my ass off while reading that whole thing. If there is a Hell I'm going there, but hopefully the devil will share my humour and not torture me too bad :P
    Charco wrote: »

Killjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I laughed when I watched a news item about the dwarf oympics. Am I going to hell or is it ok to laugh at dwarves? I mean, I doubt they can hear me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Charco wrote: »

midgets are real!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Uh, look at the URL? Fake site.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/lion-midgets.html
    Commentary:
    A "news" story, supposedly released by the BBC, has been spreading rapidly around the Internet via blogs, forums and email. The story claims that 42 members of the Cambodian Midget Fighting League were killed or injured in a bloody battle with an African lion.

The story was originally posted on a web page that was constructed to resemble a genuine BBC News article. However, the story is a fake and the web page that it is displayed on has no association with the BBC. Apparently, the fake article was originally intended as a joke to be shared among a limited number of friends. However, links to the article "escaped" into cyberspace and spread rapidly as such stories often do. The perpetrator has now placed a disclaimer online to explain the details of the hoax. The disclaimer outlines the reason the fake article was created as follows:

It was created to 'settle' a dispute between a friend of mine in which he claimed that 40 weaponless midgets could defeat 1 lion in a hypothetical fight. Many of my other friends and I tried to convince him that the lion would definitely win, but he would not back down from his argument. After seeing another fake article posing as BBC about 'zombism' in Cambodia, I got the idea to make this fake news article to try and convince him for the final time.
    It is not uncommon for fake news stories to circulate rapidly around the Internet. In this case, the spread of the story appears to be unintentional. More commonly, the fake stories originate from satirical websites such as The Onion. Fake news articles about the deaths of William Hung, Michael Jackson, Magic Johnson and others continue to circulate long after the stories were first released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Guess that leaves 42 job vacancies for midgets.:rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

at least fake the link name to make it not look like a fake.

fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

copacetic wrote: »
    at least fake the link name to make it not look like a fake.

fail.

Over 9000 posts on an internet forum?

Life fail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Life fail.

You just got one post closer, good man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Pity when u put a Lion up against somebody its own size like a Springbok it gets its ass kicked.

Life fail.

Ooooh, slagging off someone with a much bigger post count, its almost like a internet reconstruction of your midget vs lion story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement