Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are WE reliable?

Options
  • 12-08-2009 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

I have been wondering about WE for a long time. They are quite enticing to but due to the variety of GBB's they make M1911's, Luger's etc. A large majority boast full metal bodies.

But behind all this are they worth the money? Whats their internals like, gas capacity and overall reliable?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I like we, i have 2 1911's but they do need work to make em run right and a lot more to match TM or KSC gbbs, gas wise they are hogs and only hold 15 rounds but i still love em, no idea why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Yeah I heard that they are quite hungry gas wise, what type of work would make them work right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The lugers are ****e, the 1911's are decent but theres better brands out there. the old barrel bushing problem was common on the older WE 1911 types.

Personally i've changed the main weak point in the design, the barrel bushing and have installed a full length recoil rod with a stronger recoil spring wouldn't reccomend a stronger hammer spring as that would decrease gas efficiency. Have replaced the inner barrel and hop up with standard TM parts, i'm going to modify the mags to improve the seal and increase gas efficiency. They are dead easy to work on as well

The price on them is very attractive and also them amount of parts and cheap magazines available for them.

• Advertisement

To be honest if owning a plastic gun doesn't bother you and you want a 1911, get a TM Meu, they are awesome guns out of the box

zero19 wrote: »
    To be honest if owning a plastic gun doesn't bother you and you want a 1911, get a TM Meu, they are awesome guns out of the box

Well I have a KWA M1911 and I love it, it an amazing GBB all-round just there seems to be so much WE M1911's around.

They are just cheap as you know, and most people are like omg full metal or nothing when it comes to gbb's. I got one used cos it came with some good parts for very cheap from the uk (Threaded barrel, real steel grips, fobus holster, silencer) so just stuck with it and improved it. Had i started fresh i'd have gone with a TM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd go with the Army Armaments M1911 MEUs, they work great, they're cheap and can use the massive amounts of TM M1911 MEU parts on the market.

The WEs are getting better though. The Socom Gear MEU is a WE model and very high quality one at that.

zero19 wrote: »
    They are just cheap as you know, and most people are like omg full metal or nothing when it comes to gbb's. I got one used cos it came with some good parts for very cheap from the uk (Threaded barrel, real steel grips, fobus holster, silencer) so just stuck with it and improved it. Had i started fresh i'd have gone with a TM

Well full metal tends to be my deal breaker but after a while you get tired of the cool-down due to the gas lugging such a heavy slide. Sound so, I'll stick with the higher end stuff.

• Advertisement

I'd go with the Army Armaments M1911 MEUs, they work great, they're cheap and can use the massive amounts of TM M1911 MEU parts on the market.

The WEs are getting better though. The Socom Gear MEU is a WE model and very high quality one at that.

Yeah I'll give them a go for sure.

if its for the metal you want it, the Army MEU is far superior. even moreso than a lot of the other brands too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

the socom gear starts off as a WE meu ,the internals and slide are all replaced so not alot of we parts are left ,
    im hoping that we get a Socom Gear Scar that shoots at 320fps

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

My WE 1911 is alright, I love it to bits cause it was my first pistol, but there is much higher quality pistols out there.

It is pretty gas heavy I find, with frequent mag errors, and the slide mechanism can be a bit, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I remember yonks ago I wrote a big rant on WE, and they are no better these days.

Fcuking clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

In a word no.

But their M4 is miles ahead of the AGM and is somewhat of an original design, with better materials.

The rebranded them selves as WEITII or what ever and are branching into Airsoft RS training systems, their M4 for example is RS dimension correct, unliek the rest at the moment, though cant speak for the KJW.

Their new pistols that are comming out BAP, Cutlass are being made by a different company that used to manufacter for them so ill be giving them a look anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

In a word no.

But their M4 is miles ahead of the AGM and is somewhat of an original design, with better materials.

The rebranded them selves as WEITII or what ever and are branching into Airsoft RS training systems, their M4 for example is RS dimension correct, unliek the rest at the moment, though cant speak for the KJW.

Their new pistols that are comming out BAP, Cutlass are being made by a different company that used to manufacter for them so ill be giving them a look anyways.

I heard the m4 is being made by another crowd to their ordinary factory, so materials may be better.

The main problem with WE, apart from middling dimensional control, is the materials.

MATERIALS.

Gotta emphasise that, they don't use good enough metal in many vital parts, so even with a working gun, its just a matter of time before they wear down and begin to fail, permanently.

Its like buying a gun with a terminal illness, it will kill it eventually, and depending what factory that model is made in, it may be a bad one, or a subcontracted good one.

Here's my list;

luger, will fail, if you can get a tanaka hammer and sear it will work, mine does now.

Hi-Capa, all seem to be dodgy and eventually trigger mech wears down, especially the early models.

1911, later model, made after their high capa's, not TM compatible, will last, but get a tercel or even a bell, and you have a wide selection of TM compatible mags.

I heard the m4 is being made by another crowd to their ordinary factory, so materials may be better.

The main problem with WE, apart from middling dimensional control, is the materials.

MATERIALS.

Gotta emphasise that, they don't use good enough metal in many vital parts, so even with a working gun, its just a matter of time before they wear down and begin to fail, permanently.

Its like buying a gun with a terminal illness, it will kill it eventually, and depending what factory that model is made in, it may be a bad one, or a subcontracted good one.

Here's my list;

luger, will fail, if you can get a tanaka hammer and sear it will work, mine does now.

Hi-Capa, all seem to be dodgy and eventually trigger mech wears down, especially the early models.

1911, later model, made after their high capa's, not TM compatible, will last, but get a tercel or even a bell, and you have a wide selection of TM compatible mags.

tell it sista TELL IT!:D

materials are the absolute worst, you an even hear it when you reack the slide, moe of a dull hollow clack than other metal guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

the m4 is a nice gun... original gas design and more efficient than the agm... Although thier pistols i do like... Ive had the 1911 and 1911 meusoc, and both have been lovely... thier hicappaslappas are aweful admitedly...

their materials at one time where atrocious. the pistols sounded horrible to rack the slide and leaf springs were a common failure.

They've pretty much sorted it though, the new range of wilson combat gear is made by WE and its years ahead of the older stuff. their barrel bushing isnt under so much stress in the new design.

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »
    the m4 is a nice gun... original gas design and more efficient than the agm... Although thier pistols i do like... Ive had the 1911 and 1911 meusoc, and both have been lovely... thier hicappaslappas are aweful admitedly...

ill agree with you on the M4 but will leave it at that.:pac:
    having compared the WE & AGM M4s side by side recently, id that the dirty WE any day, although undoubtidly there are infinitely more aftermarket parts avalable for the WA/AGM design, which is a shame as the mags, bolt, recoil, RS dimensions and materials would seem far superiour.

i know theres a slifght price difference but when you see the WE is good to go out the box and can talk prop no bother, you know where that money went.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I have the P08 (Luger) and I am pretty satisfied. Although I do have a couple complaints.

It does eat up quite a bit of gas from my experience. Sometimes I only get a mag and a half from a fill.

Also, with the takedown latch you must be very careful as a tiny spring and pin pop out when you unlock it. I lost mine, so now it unlocks when I cock it :/ . Although it was partly my own fault for not reading the manual as thoroughly as I should have.

Advertisement