Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Bank Transfer IE->UK

Options
  • 12-08-2009 12:13am
    Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I live and work in Ireland, however I also have bank accounts (important ones that I cannot close) in the UK.

Does anyone know how much it costs me to send money from my irish account to my uk one? My irish bank is AIB and the UK one is halifax, in case it matters.

Any AIB customers here who have done it before?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Pretty sure they used charge only 20c if it was done via their online banking. Ring telephone banking and I'm sure they'll confirm the cost :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

20c sounds great!

Thanks for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

awec wrote: »
    Hi there,

I live and work in Ireland, however I also have bank accounts (important ones that I cannot close) in the UK.

Does anyone know how much it costs me to send money from my irish account to my uk one? My irish bank is AIB and the UK one is halifax, in case it matters.

Any AIB customers here who have done it before?

Many thanks in advance.
    I regularly do the same, from AIB to a HSBC account, and guess what it FREE on line!! they have 2 services, 1 for urgent payment which cost something like 13Euro but the other is for less urgent payments but is still very good, usually there in under 3 working days, can't fault the service myself.

Just to clarify I send it as EUR and HSBC convert so they are charging me a small fee (pence not pounds), acutally i have just checked with HSBC and in fact their not charging me either

Advertisement