Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban Keith Finnegan, not Buckfast

Options
  • 12-08-2009 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

What's that Keith? You want to ban Buckfast? Okay, and what's after that Keith? You want people to stop cursing. Okay. And what's that? Then you want people to geneflect when they pass you in the street? Okay. They all seem pretty reasonable to me. Let's all do that so. Oh wait a minute actually. No, let's not do that. Let's not do any of that Keith. Let's first of all get you down off that high horse of yours. Maybe then we can talk.

Buckfast is not at the centre of all of Galways problems. Buckfast has never been at the centre of Galways problems. Drinking in general is not at the centre of all of Galway's problems. What is wrong with Galway is the exact same thing that is wrong with any other city: (1) an education system which has failed for generations, (2) a city drastically short of facilities and public ammenities and (3) a lack of respect in general from a percentage of the population towards themselves, others and the city around them which again stems from the poor education system.

I am now a 29year old non drinker, but in my day drank many a bottle of Buckfast, many a bottle of whiskey, vodka and anything else which crossed my path and never caused trouble while 'under the influence.' And I have friends who still drink Buckfast every week, then go clubbing and drink more and don't cause any trouble.

Buckfast is an easy target. If someone wants to cause trouble, they will. And if someone is more likely to cause trouble while under the influence of alcohol, and they happen to be drinking Buckfast, then that is the fault of the person, not the Buckfast. If Buckfast is not available, they will choose the next drink in line which is cheap and gets them drunk. And because Buckfast is so hugely linked with Galway and is mainly a Galway drinking habit, what can be causing the trouble in areas which don't drink Buckfast for the most part which we hear of in Dublin, Cork, or where-ever it may be? Because it isn't Buckfast causing it.

So Keith, why not lay off your little crusade and let people enjoy their tipple in peace without having to listen to you witter on about how Buckfast is the cause of most of Galways problems.

And Galway Bay FM, how about giving us a bit of music and light hearted banter in the morning? The last thing I want to hear in the morning is a radio show where at the end of it I feel like a kid who's just left his head-masters office after a telling off.

Ban Keith Finnegan from Galway, not Buckfast! :D

Comments

Advertisement