Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Leaking

Options
  • 12-08-2009 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Has anyone had probems with their en-suite shower leaking through to the hall below? This has been ongoing since moving into the house...and now too late to claim from builder. Have had so many people look at it to no avail and now we think from a good source that the bottom row of wall tiles has no seal behind and once removed and sealed and retiled, would be fine. Seeminly, this has caused problems to other houses and this solution has rectified it...I would love to talk to someone who has experience of this.
    Anyone any experience of this or know another?

Thanks...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

we had the ensuite shower leaking into the adjacent landing (3-bed) - Durkans actually came back quite recently and resealed the whole thing, no problems since.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

We had a similar problem with our bath in a 2 bed townhouse and I know of 2 other neighbours that have had the same.
    The problem we had was that the bath was not supported properly and when there was any weight in it it sank and stretched the seals causing leaks.
    Also, my friend is a tiler and tells me that the wrong tile sealant was used. One from a kitchen splashback rather than one for a bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

MegFi wrote: »
    ....This has been ongoing since moving into the house...and now too late to claim from builder....

Hi MegFi, if a defect is in existence during the defects liability period, i.e. the first 12 months after purchasing a brand new house, then you have a case to claim against the builder. If the problem arose after this period, then you don't have a case!

Get onto the builder....and if they shoot you down, send me a PM. Don't take any nonsense from these guys.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement