Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadband

Options
  • 12-08-2009 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I have unbelieveable ongonig with my eircom broadband....it goes from 5 to 2 bars within a meter of the netopia. eircom keep telling me it is my laptop, but when I tell them the same thing happens to the other 3 laptops in teh house, the still insist it is not them that are at fault...I am fighting a loosing battle I feel. Anyone any ideas?? Also, any reccommendations / opinions on changing to NTL for broadband (though not happy with their tv service already!) supply? Or another???
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

MegFi wrote: »
    I have unbelieveable ongonig with my eircom broadband....it goes from 5 to 2 bars within a meter of the netopia. eircom keep telling me it is my laptop, but when I tell them the same thing happens to the other 3 laptops in teh house, the still insist it is not them that are at fault...I am fighting a loosing battle I feel. Anyone any ideas?? Also, any reccommendations / opinions on changing to NTL for broadband (though not happy with their tv service already!) supply? Or another???
    Thanks.

BT are here according to some stuff through the letter box. Im gonna change over i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

The problems with Eircom are not restricted to the Greystones area. You will find many a thread over here about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 .:R

MegFi wrote: »
    Thanks.

Hi, your issue is your wireless connection, the signal you get (bars) is dependent on your laptop, netopia router and the environment it's in. Your ISP is irrelevant so changing will make no difference.

If you have this problem with other laptops then this can be excluded. Most likely you're suffering from interference, the wireless router should be away from other electrical items, large metal objects and should be as high as possible. Try moving the netopia to another room (No need for phone line you don’t need the internet for this) Another possible issue is that someone close to you is using the same wireless channel, if you go into the settings in your netopia you can change the channel you're broadcasting on.

Hope this helps.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Well, i got nowhere trying to trade them off each other, Eircom and BT.

Eircom tried to sell me 7mb connection and then went on to contradict himself by saying BT cant deliver 24mb cos we cant get more than 4mb in Charlesland. I asked him why was he trying to sell me 7mb then.

Sky vs NTL is getting lively though.

Deal or No Deal? No deal Noel.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

BT have upgraded the greystones exchanges so when you sign up for 3MB Broadband you get the fastest speed available on your line (up to 24MB). I'm in the crescent and get 7MB for the price of 3 - Also heard they are giving a few months at half price if you sign up - Its nice when you get something back now and again!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement