Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

America hits a new low.

• 12-08-2009 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8196546.stm
    Texas 'fight club' trial begins

By Andy Gallacher
    BBC News, Miami
    999999.gif

A former worker at a Texas state school for mentally disabled people has gone on trial accused of organising fights between the residents.
    Jesse Salazar is charged with injury to a disabled person in what the Texas police have called a "fight club".
    The case came to light when officers found a mobile phone in March with almost 20 videos showing the residents punching and kicking each other.
    Mr Salazar, 25, could face 10 years in jail if convicted.
    As the trial began, the jury was warned that the video evidence would be "one of the saddest things they will ever see".
    The footage allegedly shows staff from the Corpus Christi state school forcing the residents into fights, apparently for their entertainment.
    Mr Salazar's defence team says he was trying to prevent the fights from going ahead.
    Six former employees have already been charged for their part in orchestrating the fights.
    Absolutely sickening!!I hope the bastards rot in prison!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I nearly burst out laughing there.

Jesus thats shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

that is really horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

I hope they get whats coming to them in prison...sick twisted individuals! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

thats old news tbh. keep up or are ye retarded ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

My father works with mentally disabled people, and to hear of stuff like this is the most heart-breaking thing I've heard all day. They are so vulnerable, it could make you cry just to talk to them, and make you smile just to see them laugh at the smallest things.

Anyone who could put a disabled person through that should be locked up for life, in a jail of people who hit like Mike Tyson and have the sex drive of Gary Glitter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

where can I download the videos?

probably only saved onto the phone. leaking that to thee internet would have been the height of stupidity

dlofnep wrote: »
    My father works with mentally disabled people, and to hear of stuff like this is the most heart-breaking thing I've heard all day. They are so vulnerable, it could make you cry just to talk to them, and make you smile just to see them laugh at the smallest things.

Anyone who could put a disabled person through that should be locked up for life, in a jail of people who hit like Mike Tyson and have the sex drive of Gary Glitter.

so you would like the person to be punished butd also let a convicted sex offender have complete enjoyment with them? robbing peter to pay paul, but im not sure whats a better phrase to use

so you would like the person to be punished butd also let a convicted sex offender have complete enjoyment with them? robbing peter to pay paul, but im not sure whats a better phrase to use
    Right up there with chivalry-demanding feminists.

Overheal wrote: »
    probably only saved onto the phone. leaking that to thee internet would have been the height of stupidity

they sound pretty stupid already

• Advertisement

No, I'd like to see them impaled on a pitch fork. But I'm just talking possible scenarios here.

Tbh, thats the least that should be done to the likes of them...and then after people are finished with them, they should be giving a slow and painful death

Tbh, thats the least that should be done to the likes of them...and then after people are finished with them, they should be giving a slow and painful death
    PEople who say this kinda crap are usually also the ones who are against the death penalty

PEople who say this kinda crap are usually also the ones who are against the death penalty

Well im not the usual!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

I nearly burst out laughing there.

Jesus thats shocking.

Good I ain't the only one who had the same reaction
    :D:D:D:D

That is seriously bad though

do continue, what other things should happen to them?

How do you figure that one? I think you may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jotom

another sad story in a sad world. what are we going to do about it?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

feckers broke the first 2 rules...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

The worst thing about this is,imagine you had a family member in care at that place.Your trusting them to take care of that person because you cant.

• Advertisement

do continue, what other things should happen to them?

Im just saying that it was an awful thing to have happened to innocent individuals. And if the death penalty is legal in that state, well thats the least they deserve!

jotom wrote: »
    another sad story in a sad world. what are we going to do about it?

be angry!!!

and post lots of angry faces!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8196546.stm

Absolutely sickening!!I hope the bastards rot in prison!

You think that's a new low for America?

Never hear of the Vietnam War? :rolleyes:

Zebra3 wrote: »
    You think that's a new low for America?

Never hear of the Vietnam War? :rolleyes:

America is always hitting lows, this is just a new one.

Lows before Hoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Im just saying that it was an awful thing to have happened to innocent individuals. And if the death penalty is legal in that state, well thats the least they deserve!

dont give em the easy way out.
    let em rot in a cell for that.
    that story is shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

The worst thing about this is,imagine you had a family member in care at that place.Your trusting them to take care of that person because you cant.

yea dirty bastids, I remember going to a Ultimate Fighting tournament in leas cross, thought it was strange when the ref and ring announcer were wearing white coats and the chicks with the round 1, 2 , 3 etc placards were wearing nurses hats, I left after one contender hit the ref with a zimmer frame, Bastids wouldn't refund my €30 either, said it was a charity event for disabled carer's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Trail_Blazer

Wow, that's astounding. It'd be funny, if it wasn't so sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

I thought about it and I think the "bum fights" are worse. Mainly that the bums would probably be aware of how they were being exploited and humiliated.

Personally I wouldn't condone rape as suitable punishment for anybody but that is just me with my crazy left wing bleeding heart:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Kipperhell wrote: »
    I thought about it and I think the "bum fights" are worse. Mainly that the bums would probably be aware of how they were being exploited and humiliated.

Personally I wouldn't condone rape as suitable punishment for anybody but that is just me with my crazy left wing bleeding heart:eek:

Yeah, the first thing I thought when I read this was bum fights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

10 years for breaking the first rule of Fight Club? That Tyler Durrrrrrrden sure is harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Ryan report, Leas Cross, add to those any number of other recent and not so recent examples of how we can point to America and show them how to really hit a proper low! Look to your own backyard OP if you want to be shocked and outraged, you don't need to import it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

What exactly has America done here to hit a new low?

Advertisement