Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused - tested early and get positive in evening and neagtive in morning.

Options
  • 12-08-2009 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have stupidly been testing for the past 3 days, the thing is that I get a positive result in the evening (3 evenings in a row, different packets) and a negative in the morning - my head is done in as I think that I am pregnant. My period would be due today/tomorrow if it is behaving itself but could be any day up to Monday - has anyone had this happen and actually been pregnant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Chora

Have no experience myself but have read thats its very rare to get a false positive... Maybe leave the evening test and do it in the morning instead as you're body will have time to build up HCG while you sleep? Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If you read that back of the box, it states that for the most accurate reading as the levels of HGC are higher, you should text first thing in the morning, you are doing 6 tests over 3 days, before your period is even due..... you should wait until your period is late before testing as the HGC levels build up on a daily basis. Also stressing youself out wondering if you are/are not pregnant could actually delay your period and confuse you even more. Dont test again until you are actually late otherwise you ae not getting a proper result. if you really want to do another test before then, do the digital test, it will say "pregnant" or "not pregnant" or see your GP. Throwing money away on test after test is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

If you read that back of the box, it states that for the most accurate reading as the levels of HGC are higher, you should text first thing in the morning, you are doing 6 tests over 3 days, before your period is even due..... you should wait until your period is late before testing as the HGC levels build up on a daily basis. Also stressing youself out wondering if you are/are not pregnant could actually delay your period and confuse you even more. Dont test again until you are actually late otherwise you ae not getting a proper result. if you really want to do another test before then, do the digital test, it will say "pregnant" or "not pregnant" or see your GP. Throwing money away on test after test is pointless.
    I was using digital...i drink more at night,all tests pos now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Chora

Good to hear Cathy, I've been reading your posts for years but only lately signed up! Best of luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Been following your posts too Cathy, congratulations!!!! :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Throwing money away on test after test is pointless.

I don't really think so... women who are ttc'ing are more in touch with their bodies and can notice the slightest change which might signal a pregnancy. Also she could have had several tests lying around from months previous. I know a lot of women who buy HPT's in bulk if they are ttc'ing as it works out cheaper in the end, especially if you're ttc'ing for a long time. ]

Good luck Cathy, have everything crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hi Cathy, I also have been following your posts for a long time. I hope everything goes fantastic for you, you totally deserve it!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Best of luck today hun.. will be thinking of you :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

woowoo Cathy! *high five* :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Congrats Cathy, fingers crossed that you have a happy healthy pregnancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 MusRo

I'm absolutely thrilled for you Cathy :-). Best of luck over the coming months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

That is great news, Cathy! Congratulations and I hope all goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Wohoo Cathy! Good for you girl!!! Such good news to hear. Fingers legs and eyes crossed for you that everything goes smoothly and that you have a dreamy pregnancy and birth! Congrats from the heart!:D xxx

Advertisement