Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photovision Roadshow

• 12-08-2009 7:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Got my fast track entry in the post today.
    Croke Park Stadium, Dublin, Tuesday 8th September 2009 10am - 6pm.

You can register online for free entry www.forwardevents.co.uk

Some good stuff on the day, good seminars, Guy Gowen "Image manipulation in photoshop".

Bring your camera for a check, ccd clean, digital advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Got mine last night. Ran in to missus all happy, an delira ..... to be informed that I'm going to be away for that week !

Yet another photog event given the knock ....... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i have mine too

i did consider actually having a stand at it but thought i will wait for photofest next year instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

Hi Folks, 'Just reminding you all about the PhotoVision show @ Croke Park on Tuesday next (8th September 2009). Entry is free to both the seminars and the "Trade show" - Open to all serious Photographers- not just Pros. Seminars start at 10am and the "Trade Show" at 11am. If you want to see some top Photographers and Equipment you won't ever see in your local camera shop swing by for a few hours. There will also be deals to be had on all sorts of gear so bring your Credit cards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I will be there, might as well get both cameras cleaned too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Anyone else going? I'm trying to decide whether to bother or not..

• Advertisement

I have some stuff on the buying list so some deals on the day might interest me, I will buy you a coffee Sinead!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

If I'm up early enough that's a deal :) PM me your mobile number..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Im going, been looking forward to it for ages :)
    Organising a few people from work too, this camera club thing is really taking off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I am planning to go, just for a wander and see what's available. I doubt I'll be buying anything. I wonder if anyone will have a Canon 7D on show??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Paulw wrote: »
    I am planning to go, just for a wander and see what's available. I doubt I'll be buying anything. I wonder if anyone will have a Canon 7D on show??

Looks like Canon will. ;)

Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR Camera

Times:
    10:00-11:00: EOS 7D Digital SLR Camera
    11:10-12:10: Flash Photography
    12:20-13:20: HD Video with Canon

Repeated:
    14:20-15:20: EOS 7D Digital SLR Camera
    15:30-16:30: Flash Photography
    16:40-17:40: HD Video with Canon

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I'll pop in at some stage. Just got my ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I believe the cleaning now costs money instead of being free (from what I remember from the brochure they sent me anyway). Got my ticket but not sure if I'll go.

€27 for one camera, still a lot cheaper than anywhere in Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Not as cheap as doing it yourself though!! :)

Ballyman wrote: »
    Not as cheap as doing it yourself though!! :)

A lot handier though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

CCD/CMOS cleaning only takes around 10-15 minutes for those who are extra careful and costs around 20 euro for 40 cleans (again for those who do more than necessary).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Got my ticket so going to go along for a look, never been to it before so looking forward to it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

Should be there in the morning for a few hours. Hope to see a few familar faces! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I did not get a Ticket.

When I got there I just walked straight in anyway.

met a few people from here.

Went to see the Guy Gowan talks & picked up a few new tricks logical ways of using Photoshop. I now have a shiny new membership to his website. Will log in there tonight to see what goodies are there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I was disapointed by the whole thing. I should've known better really. The majority of it was just a bunch of old guys trying to sell wedding albums. Probably a spill over from the wedding show from last week. It's obivous after this where the money is in photography. :)

• Advertisement

I would agree its more targeted at the Wedding market, some nice stuff there and since I shoot Weddings it good to meet some of the suppliers face to face and see what new and shiny things they have.

I was very impressed with the Sigma 50mm f1.4 (€449) in terms of build and shots, I took a few on a Nikon D3x (Hefty beast even compared to my 1dmk3) so will post them later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Why are interesting things like this often on weekdays? For the amateur photographer, that's just not an option most of the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

dudara wrote: »
    Why are interesting things like this often on weekdays? For the amateur photographer, that's just not an option most of the time.

This one seems to be on a Tuesday. A lot of the Pro's who do weddings are busy working on a weekend.

There is PhotoFest which is on a weekend, but that has already been on this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Which is better, PhotoFest or PhotoVision??

Personally I prefer PhotoFest. There were a lot more Seminars & it seemed like a few more traders there as well. Though you do have to pay €10 to get in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

oshead wrote: »
    I was disapointed by the whole thing. I should've known better really. The majority of it was just a bunch of old guys trying to sell wedding albums. Probably a spill over from the wedding show from last week. It's obivous after this where the money is in photography. :)

It was also tight, not much room to look at stuff and if you stopped you felt a bit under pressure to move along !

The camera cleaning guy was flat out thou ! at 1130/12:00 he stopped taking anymore !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Borderfox wrote: »

I was very impressed with the Sigma 50mm f1.4 (€449) in terms of build and shots, I took a few on a Nikon D3x (Hefty beast even compared to my 1dmk3) so will post them later

nice! ordered that lens last week, but its stuck somewhere in transit at the moment
    I hope it doesnt front focus, its gonna be used mostly between f1.4-f2

Advertisement