Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camcorder Recommendations

Options
  • 12-08-2009 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

(Mods please more if not the appropriate area)

Looking for some recommendations on camcorders. Heading to Newry over the weekend and hoping to pick something up. Dont know a whole lot about the different types but mainly looking for small enough one, not too pricey but decent quality with good battery life etc. Also, which is better HardDisk, MiniDv, SD etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

I am looking for a camcorder myself.I don't know much about them but if you get a bargain will you let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

I have a Canon camcorder but had problems with connection to PC.
    Difficult to fix so decided to upgrade.
    Friend have a Panasonic SD camera, very tempted to get as easy to use and delete stuff on camera and upload and it automatically create separate clips, fab.
    much better than mini DV.
    So want to know if I should go ahead and buy this or is there a better one?
    Feedback welcome and advice.
    Need it before end sept for work purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Looks like we're all in the same boat ... looking for advice on a decent Camcorder , not too expensive , storage - not too fussy , good battery life , good quality footage with good zoom and can handle well(ish) in low light.

Ive been wrecking my head looking at makes and models , online reviews etc etc ... Im seriously tempted to go either of these :

JVC MG330 HDD Silver Camcorder
    Pros - Built In 30GB Hard Drive, good zoom, very small size.
    Cons - Reviews say poor sound and 1 hr battery life !!

€299 Argos IE
    €249 Argos UK
    Catalogue Number: 5632545 - check at www.cataloguecompare.com

or this new SD Card model from Samsung ...

Samsung SMX-C10LP/XEU Flash Camcorder - Blue.
    Catalogue Number: 5633685
    Argos IE - €242.99
    Argos UK - €191.07 (at todays rate)
    Release July 09 ...
    Pros - SD Card storage makes it as flexible as you want, reported great zoom, very small
    Cons - Software comes loaded on the camera itself and automatically loads once plugged into your PC(in other words no CD). Reports of Camera "not talking" with 3 yr old laptop running on XP

The Samsung is winning to be honest .... anybody have other recommendations / experiences ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Actually ... after another morning of online researching I think Ive finally decided on this :

JVC GZ-MS120 Flash Camcorder
    Review here :

Prices :

Peats - €269
    Powercity - €223.15
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-20-MS120A&pages=1&prod=MS120A&brands=JVC
    Argos IE - €329.99 :eek:
    Argos UK - €258
    DID - €256.45

Can't believe Powercity won !!!!

Advertisement