Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Insurance

• 12-08-2009 9:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend cheap car insurance they use?

Mine has gone up this year despite no claims or even any communication with them at all.

tks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

i'm about to renew mine and have taken quotes from about half a dozen websites:

cheapest by far was 25plus.ie, but they seem to have some restrictions on their "driving of other cars" provision - I'm waiting for them to get back to me on this

apart from that, the AA and 123.ie were exactly the same price, but 123.ie price includes breakdown assist, which the AA's price (for obvious reasons) doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

moved from Greystones forum - you'll get more replies here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Different companies are cheapest for different drivers/cars, get out the Golden Pages and ring every ins co and a good selection of brokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend cheap car insurance they use?

Mine has gone up this year despite no claims or even any communication with them at all.

tks in advance

Try Hibernian.ie, Zurich.ie, FBD.ie, Tesco.ie, InsureMe.ie, QuoteMe.ie to get online quotes. Then get back to your current insurer, let them know you got a better quote elsewhere and see if they can match it, they usually do! ;)

I got a quote through the post and the quote online from the same insurer is €150 cheaper. They'll be getting a call later and I'll let you know how I got on!

BTW, I have been doing the above every year and each year the reduce my premium :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭thebiglad

try http://www.brittoninsurance.com/

I have been with them for 3 years for my own and wife's car - every year (including this one) I do get numerous alternate quotes but so far they have stayed the best option!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

thebiglad wrote: »
    try http://www.brittoninsurance.com/

I have been with them for 3 years for my own and wife's car - every year (including this one) I do get numerous alternate quotes but so far they have stayed the best option!

Tks all.

Problem for me is I've only been here a year. I was only a named driver in London for 4 years before and then i lived in Canada and they dont accept my 7 years no claims outside the EU. Grrrrr.

Tks Loyatemu

• Registered Users Posts: 24 opel1

I am with AIB insurance, they were the best quote I could get as I had no NCB as had company car/van in previous years. They act like a broker and you are insured through Hibenian Aviva but worked out around €150 cheaper than Hibernian own quote :confused: Also cheaper then bestquote.ie or 123.ie .

Advertisement