Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laura Whitmores collection for AWear

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Kitty_N

It should be hitting the shops today actually. Really like the military jacket, not so keen on the capri pants though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Nothing special IMO..i do like the blue skirt but then again those high waisted skirts are everywhere...no sure I'll be queuing to buy these bits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I got an invite to the launch party by a pal, which is on next Wednesday, the 19th.

I'm guessing that means the stock will be available from the 20th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Collection isnt huge from the proofs I saw in work last week, nice few pieces though, launch was today afaik, on holidays for the week so not 100% on that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Eh I was in AWear in Dundrum today and the collection is there. Stuff looked nice and is good value but imo the jacket looked nicer online, wasn't overly impressed irl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Utterly dull and uninspiring, as per usual from A-Wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Is the military jacket small fitting, or regular Awear big sized?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

Boring!! They should take a leaf from Topshop's book and try and do something a bit more inspiring rather than copying the latest trends. I think their website is a bit cheap looking too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Would agree about the website ... it just doesn't hit the mark but from what I've heard, the service/delivery is great and the presentation of the stuff when delivered is lovely!

I quite liked the jumpsuit ... I love ruffles :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

is it..deoderant themed? Lot of bottles of Impulse body spray around the site!

This reminds me of something I used to see Mammy's picking up kids from school wearing when I was little, it's just missing a jam stain around the boob area

http://www.awear.com/Dresses/Printed-T-Shirt-Day-Dress/invt/10400863

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭smileyxx

:eek:i want that blue tshirt dress

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

why on earth does she can to 'design' some clothes for awear? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

is it..deoderant themed? Lot of bottles of Impulse body spray around the site!

This reminds me of something I used to see Mammy's picking up kids from school wearing when I was little, it's just missing a jam stain around the boob area

http://www.awear.com/Dresses/Printed-T-Shirt-Day-Dress/invt/10400863

It's sponsored (for want of a better word) by Impulse

Yeah ... there's something very retro about that outfit and not in a good way!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wondering

Is the military jacket small fitting, or regular Awear big sized?

Yep big fitting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Like Laura herself, this collection lacks any real "rock". How is military, leopard print, sequins, 80's etc "rock" in any way, shape or form?? I saw the term "glam grunge" bandied around a bit too. Wtf does that even mean?? The designs are all grey or black. Pretty dull imo.

I wanted to like this because let's face it, Laura is VERY fashionable. Sure, she's only rock for cool points but she pulls it off well for a scene girl.

I would have prefered some more studded stuff, ripped material, maybe she could have had more "metal" styled hair and dark eye make up on the pictures. (Like her FHM Rod Stewart thing) Her hair and make up is an absolute state. They don't do her justice at all. Shame.

10400865_Grey_medium.jpg

This I do love, and I think it's based on what she's wearing below. Looks fab!

5615_224238195461_181648550461_7842952_2354869_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

It looks entirely bland apart from the jumpsuit. I think this would look really good with chunky gold jewellery and a nice belt. Then again it's probably one of those items that look great on a size zero model and not so great on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

The jacket is gorgoeus but I picked up a similar one in Penney's for about a quarter of the price. Just not as detailed around the sleever but I'll live!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

From the website, it doesn't look like she had any input in the design at all, they're just using her face and name

Impulse has hooked up with A|wear to create a collection for Fall Winter '09, which is inspired & modelled by MTV presenter Laura Whitmore. As with the latest fragrance from Impulse, Romantic Spark, the collection is designed to captivate & inspire, focusing on hot new trends for the season ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Well Laura's very into leather jackets and chunky belts/ necklaces so it might actually be inspired by her.

I tried on some stuff earlier. My frend was in stitches laughing at me because I looked a state in some of the stuff. In particular was this shorts /jumpsuit satin leopard print thing. My god. :eek:

I thought that the waistcoat with the sequins looked really cool with skinny jeans. Tad pricey for these recessionary times :(

Advertisement