Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom download limit?

13»

Comments

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Not charging, never have.

Here's my monthly downloaded amounts, with me running downloads at night, kids in Youtube, Skype and Msn etc, it all adds up, some months were absolutely huge (may was 190+GB:eek: suprised me), others not much over but every month except one were over. I don't even check anymore

102516.PNG

If I were you I couldn't sleep at night :D I thought you could get charged for previous months as well..that'd be a thousand Euro. I must be really naive :( I'd actually like to exceed this month only but I'm not brave enough!

Also there's one month showing 43GB at 85%...I thought the stats tool showed (erroneously) that the max was 40GB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Limit on 7.6Mbit is 50GB, 3Mbit is 40 iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Not charging, never have.

Here's my monthly downloaded amounts, with me running downloads at night, kids in Youtube, Skype and Msn etc, it all adds up, some months were absolutely huge (may was 190+GB:eek: suprised me), others not much over but every month except one were over. I don't even check anymore

102516.PNG

Haha woah! Are they still letting you away with this? I think Ill go wild now, I've been feeling so restricted over the past few months. 30g limit is just not enough for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I got a letter welcoming me to 24m/bit NGB, and it says I have unlimited usage. I don't monitor my usage at all, and have never been sent an additional bill.

Surprised to see as well, speeds do seem to be a little faster since the switch to NGB, getting 1.65 to 1.7 megabytes per second now download (previously about 1.5 meg max). Not too bad for Eircom. Would switch to UPC if they rolled out to Balbriggan, as paying eircom €70 per month just for broadband is a ripoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

So I've been playing around with overclocking it for a few days. My chip will definitely do 4.7 solid. I don't like the noise of the fans though at that speed, so I've settled for 4.3 ghz. Reasonable overclock, basically no extra voltage, no extra sound even when it's burning with prime etc, temps only in high 40's when benching!

How are you all getting on with yours?

• Advertisement

Praetorian wrote: »
    So I've been playing around with overclocking it for a few days. My chip will definitely do 4.7 solid. I don't like the noise of the fans though at that speed, so I've settled for 4.3 ghz. Reasonable overclock, basically no extra voltage, no extra sound even when it's burning with prime etc, temps only in high 40's when benching!

How are you all getting on with yours?

I haven't tried overclocking it! :D The piece of **** from Eircom hardly works at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 HDfan

eircom
    Monthly unlimited usage allowance

With Next Generation Broadband Advanced you have an unlimited monthly usage allowance. This is subject to a fair usage policy of 250GB per month. For more information see the standard Broadband Terms and Conditions.

next ISP with limited "unlimited" Download allowance :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

HDfan wrote: »
    eircom

next ISP with limited "unlimited" Download allowance :)

It really is gone beyond a joke at this stage.

There are at least three bodies who are supposed to be looking out for this type of nonsense: Comreg, ASA and NCA.

Even if they for some reason they cannot formally ban these lies then surely they could issue a joint statement calling for all companies to stop using this term and misleading existing and potential customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

Rsaeire wrote: »
    While I haven't heard of anyone actually being charged by Eircom for going over their download/upload limit, I do recall a Boards users stating a few months ago that Eircom started charging customers for going over their download/upload limit after years of them turning a blind eye.

Does anyone have any concrete proof that Eircom have actually charged any Eircom user for exceeding their monthly limit?

My last bill showed an excess of 10 GB for Nov and Dec with a charge of 16.50 + vat for each month.
    I have a combined upload +download limit of 30GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

qc3 wrote: »
    My last bill showed an excess of 10 GB for Nov and Dec with a charge of 16.50 + vat for each month.
    I have a combined upload +download limit of 30GB.

Hi qc3,

you replied to a post from 1.5 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KPCPaul

I started researching this issue after reaching the usage limit halfway into the month and from whet I have found...NO...Eircom do NOT charge for excess usage as long as it's legal and the router isn't being shared by more than 2-3 pc's/laptops. The only circumstances where I've heard of them charging is when someone hasn't changed their router password so neighbours have been using their router....intentional or not....or when someone has been downloading excessive amounts illegally i.e via bittorrent

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Haven't ever been charged. Had eircom BB since 2008. We never download illegal stuff and use opendns so maybe eircom can't see the limits.

:cool:

Advertisement