Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young man found dead in Kiltimagh

Options
  • 12-08-2009 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Young man found dead on Mayo street

From Breakingnews.ie.....

12/08/2009 - 07:37:05
    Gardaí in Co Mayo are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a 24-year-old man whose body was found in Kiltimagh last night.

The discovery was made on the town's Main Street just before midnight.

Gardaí say they are treating the man's death as suspicious and the scene has been sealed off for forensic examination.

Anyone with information is being urged to contact Swinford garda station.

Thought this would be mentioned here already.,
    Anyone know any details behind it....?
    Any truth that its another stabbing........

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

No details released and yes it is a stabbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

All that's known yet is that he's not native to Kiltimagh but native to county Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

To make sure we don't spread the wrong information, please only discuss official news at this time/ add links to statements.
    The guys family/ friends might well be reading this thread.

RIP

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

This is terrible, RIP.
    Two stabbings in mayo in as many weeks, what is going on? They are saying he is from ballyheane, I come from this area. Condolences to the family.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

murfie wrote: »
    This is terrible, RIP.
    Two stabbings in mayo in as many weeks, what is going on? They are saying he is from ***, I come from this area. Condolences to the family.

I would take the name of the place out of there, that is not 100% confirmed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Ya its in the media, Mayo News

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭chriz

I know of the guy who was killed, and he was killed not far from wher i used to live he has a family. R.I.P Franky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I live there and walked by the secne at about 11.45 last night. Didnt see anything out of the ordinary, just a typical quiet Tuesday night. Town is full of all sorts of wild rumours all day. Typical small town stuff. RIP.

I have removed some posts that was mentioning speculations and rumours.
    Please stick to known reported news only, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 squeak2k9

i knew him too found just this evening as i left ireland few months ago. Wasn't nice to hear but R.I.P frankie was good knowing you man :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭chriz

squeak2k9 wrote: »
    i knew him too found just this evening as i left ireland few months ago. Wasn't nice to hear but R.I.P frankie was good knowing you man :(

Its pretty ****ed up i left last year myself but still get in touch every now and then i hope his Gf is ok tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Terrible news hope that all concerned are caught quickly.
    RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

R.I.P.

Didn't know the lad, but knew of him. Hope whoever done this gets caught quickly. Its only a matter of time before they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm so sorry for the family, may he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Such a terrible thing to happpen - My condolences to the family

A man in his 20's has been arrested in connection with the murder. As part of the investigation into his death, a man was arrested in the Kiltimagh area yesterday.

He's being held for questioning at Swinford Garda Station under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act.

http://newstalk.ie/newstalk/news/22280/man-arrested-over-co.-mayo-murder.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sassygirl

My deepest condolences to the family and friends of Frankie. My younger brother lives in Kiltimagh and I am deeply saddened and shocked by this senseless act. May he rest in peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 squeak2k9

"A second man has been arrested in connection with the murder of Frankie Heneghan in Kiltimagh, Co Mayo."

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0813/heneghanf.html

Just passin on news as i find it

R.I.P Frankie :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

NessaH wrote: »
    Coillte boy-I dont no how to work this forum yet so i dont even no where im posting this to..

Did you see the first lad being brought away in the ambulance?.or even the crowd that was around fighting?..or even anybody that looked out of the ordinary?..Frankie was attacked just minutes after the first lad was taken away. if you think of anything, let someone know.

Sorry, i didnt see anything, and that was the point of my post. I walked down that street at about 11.30/11.45 and didnt see or hear anything unusual. Seemed very quiet. Typical for a Tuesday night really.

Magnus wrote: »
    I have removed some posts that was mentioning speculations and rumours.
    Please stick to known reported news only, thanks.
    More posts removed, don't make me ban and lock please
    Stick to reported news only

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

A man from Balla has been charged with the murder

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0815/heneghan.html

Terrible thing to happen, I feel for his family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

i fell sorry for both families

Advertisement