Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 quick question

• 12-08-2009 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of installing the windows 7 beta candidate on my computer. I have a few questions that you guyz could help me with
    1) Will i loose my previously installed microsoft vista by doing so?
    2) Will i still be able to access all my old files (documents etc) and programs (games etc) after installing windows 7 or do i have to reinstall them again?
    3) I already have kubuntu linux on my laptop. Everytime i turn on the computer, the computer displays a menu to chose between kubuntu linux and vista to chose from. Is this the case with windows 7 ?
    4) If i dont like windows 7, will i be able to go back to windows vista without loosing any data (programs and files)

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

Windows 7 is only a glorified vista update so everything should be pretty much the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Windows 7 RC can't be installed on top of Vista, so seems like a lot more hassle than its worth for you imo... You could always do a dual boot setup if you have a second HD partition though

Windows 7 will overwrite the Ubuntu boot loader (grub) afaik, so you'll have to reinstall that after you've installed Windows 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That's 4 questions!

The answer to all your questions is, it depends.

How many hard drives/partitions do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Thank u all for the replies. I have 2 Hard disks. I installed windows 7 onto my second hard disk. I dont have any problems and the both the OS's seem to run fine without any issues at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

• Advertisement
Advertisement