Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PICS - Guess the Waterford Location

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Where was this taken please....(why did the thread die?)......c'mon keep it going it's awesome dude...!
    seemed to have just skipped that photo. Cool thread alright.

I was gonna take a guess but I dont even know if the place I thought it was taking is still there anymore. Havent been out that side in years. Thats if it is the side I think lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yeah is it on the other side of the river?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dazftw wrote: »
    Yeah is it on the other side of the river?

Which side? :)

Ill give a hint... its heading towards the end of a former main road no longer used since the bypass was developed.

Its on the kilkenny side? Is it by the garage before the railway crossing?

or the little house just before granny(or whatever its called) castle.

• Advertisement

old grannagh road before the tatch pub. Its near catherine suffins house ha ha. The row of houses after the water pump past the ferry, to them who dont know catherine .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its on the kilkenny side? Is it by the garage before the railway crossing?

Nope.
    seanybiker wrote: »
    or the little house just before granny(or whatever its called) castle.

Eh, no idea where you refer to... Is it that castle on the main Limerick Road? What little house? :/
    old grannagh road before the tatch pub. Its near catherine suffins house ha ha. The row of houses after the water pump past the ferry, to them who dont know catherine .

Already suggested earlier - right track, wrong location.

will you pm it to me cos im cracking here. I wont tell anyone. Go on boy be a sound mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭suirfire

Sully wrote: »
    Its not in the KK direction anyway.

So is it or is it not in Killkenny :confused:

suirfire wrote: »
    So is it or is it not in Killkenny :confused:

Its not in the Kilkenny direction. It could be considered to be in the Waterford direction - the photograph was partly taken facing Waterford anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Sully, are we done with your riddle?

Have no clue where could this pic be taken from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Bump...:)

Sully, don't you think it's about time for an answer...?

Forgot about this thread. :)

It was taken from the old Waterford -> Limerick Road thats now closed. It was taken on the Limerick side on the old stretch of road (they built a newer road that goes under the overpass beside this section) besides the last house on the right side.

Those of you there during development would have seen the road split to the right (old road) towards a few houses and then stop at a temp fence) and the left split continued on towards Waterford, that pub/market place. Its private access only now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Isn't this very near to, if not the spot..?

Anyway, moar pics puleeze.....:D

Isn't this very near to, if not the spot..?

As per my reply then...
    Already suggested earlier - right track, wrong location.

Unless I have mistaken where he was referring it, that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Forgot about this thread. :)

It was taken from the old Waterford -> Limerick Road thats now closed. It was taken on the Limerick side on the old stretch of road (they built a newer road that goes under the overpass beside this section) besides the last house on the right side.

Those of you there during development would have seen the road split to the right (old road) towards a few houses and then stop at a temp fence) and the left split continued on towards Waterford, that pub/market place. Its private access only now.

Is'nt that what I also said in post #467?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

well

IMG_0576.jpg

well

IMG_0576.jpg

tis the ould house straight across fromt he bucket factory. the ould one used to drive around in that car. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

good pic. I would never have got it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

IMG_0579.jpg

Seany you know to much.

• Advertisement

Thats right next to it :p

Thats right next to it :p

Tis and all. Ha ha he some scamer, the next one is the gate by where the horse is. Be some laugh if it was lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

Tis and all. Ha ha he some scamer, the next one is the gate by where the horse is. Be some laugh if it was lol

is that the house with the slate tiles on the front,has some kind of inscription on the front too?ya know the story with that place,ive always wondered (that is if its the same place im on about)

anplaya wrote: »
    is that the house with the slate tiles on the front,has some kind of inscription on the front too?ya know the story with that place,ive always wondered (that is if its the same place im on about)

jaysus havent been down that way in while. The house that the car is facing at has a plaque by the front door, some doctor used to live there going by the inscription. The other picture is (I think) the place beside the main residancy, not sure if there is an inscription on that one or not.

Whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

jaysus havent been down that way in while. The house that the car is facing at has a plaque by the front door, some doctor used to live there going by the inscription. The other picture is (I think) the place beside the main residancy, not sure if there is an inscription on that one or not.

Whats the story?
    Where are them houses lads?? down in bilberry is it?

Whats the story?

nah no story,was just wondering why its gone to ruin,seems a fine big place with land around it and all. dont think theres an inscription on the other one.

Clano wrote: »
    Where are them houses lads?? down in bilberry is it?

up past the esb , on the gracedieu road i think its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

up past the esb , on the gracedieu road i think its called.
    ah yes i get ye know, thanks anplaya

nah no story,was just wondering why its gone to ruin,seems a fine big place with land around it and all. dont think theres an inscription on the other one.
    there was an old woman living there when I was about 13-15, i held the gate open for her when she drove out that car in the pic a few posts back. Seemed like a nice lady.

• Advertisement

there was an old woman living there when I was about 13-15, i held the gate open for her when she drove out that car in the pic a few posts back. Seemed like a nice lady.

ah right,me granddad is originally from up that way.just always went past and wondered why the house went to ruin

Advertisement