Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos repeating?

• 12-08-2009 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

If youre repeating are you going back to your "old" school?

Are you going back to the same school? 23 votes

Yeah
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 23 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ambyangel

I'm repeating, probably at the same school!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm repeating,most likely at the same school =/

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

I'll answer this question on monday:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Not a hope in hell, I'll take my 2nd course if I don't get my first.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

If I was repeating there is no way in hell I'd go back to my old school. People from my year who had done TY would be in my year again, and all the same teachers again... It'd be too weird.

Had resigned myself to repeating, but still holding out hope.... It'll be a long wait til Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm going to try to go to another school. I'd love to just stay at home but there's no way they'd agree to that. Ick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Just repeated.

My advice: GO TO A DIFFERENT SCHOOL.
    It will make your life so so so much easier, particularly one where there are many repeats!

Was worth it in the end, increased in points!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

Repeating, I need another Higher Level. Same School, it's one of the best there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

I did... Best thing I ever did. If ihad gone to college a year earlier I would have missed out on making a contact that landed me my dream job!!!

Edit: I don't know about changing school though folk, i did it in the same and it worked out. You really don't want to be the "new kid" during 6th year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

It's likely I won't be repeating. If I did, I'd much prefer to study at home. The thought of going back to that or any school horrifies me. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

i will be repeating and i hope to go to my 'old' school. can you provide me with some info on that. are you entitled to go to the school, how much does it cost to go to your old school? i went to the local secondary school and not a college.

how would one go about doing this. im really stressed out and need help, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

I'm repeating in a college hopefully, not a chance could i go back to the same school or any school....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Names been provisionally put down to do a repeat leaving cert course.
    Different school
    this day sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Oh ais, it really isnt that bad.
    What age are you? 17......18?
    I repeated and I was 19 doing my L.C and 20 when I got my results. :eek:
    The year before that there was a 22 year old doing his leaving in my year.

Repeating 6th year was probably the only wise decision I have ever made.
    But dont mess it up if you do decide to repeat. If that means deleting your boards, bebo, facebook account then so be it.

Im not saying to hide yourself away for a whole year.
    I managed to go out every weekend while repeating but when I was in school I focused on study, and instead of watching telly for two hours after school I would pick up my chemistry book and learn a new chapter, e.t.c.
    Its all about managing your time effectively.

And If you really think you're up for it would you consider studying at home?
    Do you think you have the discipline for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Oh ais, it really isnt that bad.
    What age are you? 17......18?
    I repeated and I was 19 doing my L.C and 20 when I got my results. :eek:
    The year before that there was a 22 year old doing his leaving in my year.

Repeating 6th year was probably the only wise decision I have ever made.
    But dont mess it up if you do decide to repeat. If that means deleting your boards, bebo, facebook account then so be it.

Im not saying to hide yourself away for a whole year.
    I managed to go out every weekend while repeating but when I was in school I focused on study, and instead of watching telly for two hours after school I would pick up my chemistry book and learn a new chapter, e.t.c.
    Its all about managing your time effectively.

And If you really think you're up for it would you consider studying at home?
    Do you think you have the discipline for it?
    I dont want to repeat,its the one reason i worked hard through 5th and 6th year but turns out my hard work aint enough.

The only thing i really need is to bring a d1 up to a c3 in biology or pass chemistry.

and i did extra chem classes,weekly grinds,and grinds courses during the holidays in chemistry and worked hard at it but it didnt pay off.

I wont be able to cut myself off from my friends but since all in the group did well today and will be going to college then ill be in a different circle and wont be able to go out with them so ill have less social distractions anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Mr.S wrote: »
    I can't decide if i should repeat or not:(

Do what i did.....

The day the offers were released i was with a buddy of mine and decided to flip a coin, unfortunately i had no coins so used a fag box instead!!!

True Story!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 superdoor

Hey im like 15 points off my course.....any chance i could get it? Like on the second rounds or if the points drop? the course is PE teaching in UL...

The only thing i really need is to bring a d1 up to a c3 in biology or pass chemistry.

Oooops, didnt realise this was the problem. If thats all you need then RECHECK

Do what i did.....

The day the offers were released i was with a buddy of mine and decided to flip a coin, unfortunately i had no coins so used a fag box instead!!!

True Story!!

What was the outcome?

I dont want to repeat,its the one reason i worked hard through 5th and 6th year but turns out my hard work aint enough.

To meet matriculation criteria or for points??

• Advertisement

You flipped the fag box to decide whether to repeat or not, right?

Yup.

EDIT: missed your post...

I called it based on the Government Warning!!!

Got what i called, didn't repeat. Biggest Mistake ever... or well up to then anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Considering checking out this place for a repeat. Anybody any experiences with this college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 xxcocochanelxx

superdoor wrote: »
    Hey im like 15 points off my course.....any chance i could get it? Like on the second rounds or if the points drop? the course is PE teaching in UL...

chance getting your papers rechecked, I knew a guy who came up 10 points by getting his papers corrected again. So yea there is a chance especially if you think that some of your exams were marked unfairly. as for whether the points for PE teaching will come down or not im really not sure!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭drop-dead-legs

i was aiming for a low points arts degree in UCD for this entire year, and then i realised i'd prefer to do a full english degree in trinity, so i'll be going back to repeat this year ,got my interview in Marian college tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

if i dont get midwifery on monday then yep ill be repeating AGAIN!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Anyone here gonna repeat in the Institute?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I just repeated in a pretty well known school in Waterford, so if anyone has any questions about repeating there or in general feel free to pm me and ask away :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Institute for me, woopy; false enthusiasm may be present:cool: I'm looking forward to the amazing education I'm expecting to receive, not the horde of posh kids that await:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

theowen wrote: »
    Institute for me, woopy; false enthusiasm may be present:cool: I'm looking forward to the amazing education I'm expecting to receive, not the horde of posh kids that await:eek:

and the knackers, and believe me there are plenty.
    you are lucky btw that your parents are willing to send you.
    do the work and this time next year youll be grateful you went there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

The only thing I'm worried about is making new friends really:(

Advertisement