Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos repeating?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

theowen wrote: »
    Institute for me, woopy; false enthusiasm may be present:cool: I'm looking forward to the amazing education I'm expecting to receive, not the horde of posh kids that await:eek:

you live in Dublin? Id go there if I lived in Dub. But then again I wanna go to my old school as its nearby, will be doing the same sections in courses etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Swizz wrote: »
    you live in Dublin?
    Yup half hour away, I'm gonna miss my 3 min commute to my old school:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

What's the deal, do have to repeat the entire leaving cert if you didn't get the points you wanted (and I mean like 100 points away from the course you wanted), like an entire six subjects??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

NBB Bohs wrote: »
    Yep.

God, I'm so pissed off:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

To meet matriculation criteria or for points??
    subjects
    in 20 points over the general nursing point in ucd last year
    Oooops, didnt realise this was the problem. If thats all you need then RECHECK

i am but dont know if ill go up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭drop-dead-legs

glad to hear the interview guy is sound for tomorrow NBB Bohs, shud you both get in, give me a pm, might aswell know someone going in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

Not a hope in hell I would repeat, I only want to do 6th year once! Thank you very much.

Now where are the matches so I can burn my school tie *looks around*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marytipp

Well I just got my results there and I am not happy by any means.I have nothing I want to do on my cao, and the only reason i put them down was if I did really bad.....and I did.

I'm still not sure weather to repeat or not, is it worth it and will the points rise 2nd time around??I will be 19 doing my lc and 20 when getting results.Would I be better applying for an apprenticeship or a PLC course, or to just go put my head down for a year and get the result I want.

At the end of the day Journalism is the course I want to do.Apart from the institute, where offers a good standard of teaching???

I would be very grateful for some feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

marytipp wrote: »
    Well I just got my results there and I am not happy by any means.I have nothing I want to do on my cao, and the only reason i put them down was if I did really bad.....and I did.

I'm still not sure weather to repeat or not, is it worth it and will the points rise 2nd time around??I will be 19 doing my lc and 20 when getting results.Would I be better applying for an apprenticeship or a PLC course, or to just go put my head down for a year and get the result I want.

At the end of the day Journalism is the course I want to do.Apart from the institute, where offers a good standard of teaching???

Repeating's not so bad! :)
    Who cares if you're a little older?

1 extra year in school or a life settling for something you don't want?

Judging by your name, I'm guessing you're from Tipp. Not too far from Waterford city.
    If you're looking for a grind school, Yeats' College there is meant to be very good. I didn't go there, but I know people who came out of it very well.

The thing that annoys me is that all my mates are off to college together and Im stuck in this sh!thole..........

Ah well my own fault, lookin forward to gettin good results. Hopefully the year will fly by!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

The thing that annoys me is that all my mates are off to college together and Im stuck in this sh!thole..........

Ah well my own fault, lookin forward to gettin good results. Hopefully the year will fly by!

The year will fly by.

But seeing all your friends going off to college is a bit of a balls. It means you get to visit them though! And meet loads of new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

marytipp wrote: »

i repeated this year, im 21 almost 22 and it didnt bother me, age is just a number:D
    dont let it put you off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Thats_glass

Im thinking of repeating this year, was considering plunkets college. was wondering if that is a good school for repeats, and was woundering if there are any other good schools to do repeating in! i live in dublin so if you know anything bout plunketts college the feedback would greatly appreciated

Marion College FTWFR (For The Win For Repeats)

oh and I am in btw NBB Bohs

as far as i heard, we're in separate classes to the rest of the year, so like for honours irish there's only a class of 7-8 or something, and then for certain classes we're with sixth years, economics for me is with sixth years, but the rest is all just repeat classes

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

My friend is repeating and is wondering if you have to repeat maths, anyone have any idea? :confused:

My friend is repeating and is wondering if you have to repeat maths, anyone have any idea? :confused:

If he passed then he doesn't have to repeat it, same with all of the core subjects, or any specific subject needed for a course actually(french for example).

Seriosely, somebody must be going the Insititute other than me:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kittycat91

does anyone know anything at all about repeating in cbs in lucan?? cant find anything at all about in on the net!

Call them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

Anyone here gonna repeat in the Institute?

Oh god i wouldn't advise repeating in the institute unless you can stay away from the temptation of the city centre lol!I was there for 5th year 6th year and 6th year again and i would never go back.Wish i never went. I was so good in my old school and worked hard and when I went there it all went wrong. They come across as being really strict on classes and stuff but it is the easy place to skip class and even the whole day!!! And trust me you will skip class in there as stephens green is right beside you. I am 20 now and have just done a year of college and I am going back to repeat the leaving again but not there ha!! And in my honest opinion the teachers are not all they are cracked up to be. I could have got better points in my old school. The results are only so good because there are 1000 people in 6th year!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

The PLC course I had as my plan B has a very long waiting list, so it looks like I'll be repeating after all. Heading back to my old school as my parents can't really afford to sent me any where else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 irishgirl09

Seriosely, somebody must be going the Insititute other than me:confused:

Me :rolleyes: well, thats hoping the interview goes well on monday ,..:eek:

Me :rolleyes: well, thats hoping the interview goes well on monday ,..:eek:
    You do know that no one gets rejected:pac: It's just a get to know you sort of thing where you ask questions and are shown around...posted my forms friday, should hear back soonish:)

Oh serious? Thats a huge relief :D
    Still scary though... :pac: well, hopefully I'll see you there mid September lol :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

You do know that no one gets rejected:pac: It's just a get to know you sort of thing where you ask questions and are shown around...posted my forms friday, should hear back soonish:)

I no a few people who were rejected!!! and they dont show you around. On your first actual day you just get a map and there are people on the door who tell you where to go.I would try get fit before cause there are sooooo many stairs haha.I pity all of you going to the tute....bad choice lol

li-evo7 wrote: »
    I no a few people who were rejected!!! and they dont show you around. On your first actual day you just get a map and there are people on the door who tell you where to go.I would try get fit before cause there are sooooo many stairs haha.I pity all of you going to the tute....bad choice lol
    I know of a stoner who failed his junior cert and was accepted, think most will be grand:p You stop dissaproving of the 'tute, it's amazing ok:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

kittycat91 wrote: »
    does anyone know anything at all about repeating in cbs in lucan?? cant find anything at all about in on the net!
    My brother looked into repeating there and it was his old secondary school. Decent school, they're trying to make up the numbers to actually have a repeat class atm (Not many people seem to know they offer repeats) so I'd say you'd have no problems getting in anyway!

Should we start a thread for those going (or hoping to) this september? A place to discuss worries/ask questions to the experienced etc regarding teachers and that? ....just an idea...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

show them the money and your in stoner or not:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Should we start a thread for those going (or hoping to) this september? A place to discuss worries/ask questions to the experienced etc regarding teachers and that? ....just an idea...:pac:
    For the 'tute you mean? Just post in the thread I started:rolleyes:

Advertisement