Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos repeating?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

theowen wrote: »
    I know of a stoner who failed his junior cert and was accepted, think most will be grand:p You stop dissaproving of the 'tute, it's amazing ok:cool:

Trust me I KNOW exactly what its like. I wouldnt be getting too excited but as I said i may not approve of repeating in the tute..but I know all the good and bad teachers..iv had them all! any advice on where's good for lunch around the place,wat not to do or wat to do..even advice on mitching ha...just ask!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

li-evo7 wrote: »
    even advice on mitching ha...just ask!

Bad influence or what:eek::p Seeing as I'm 18, will I have to drag the parents to the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

Bad influence or what:eek::p Seeing as I'm 18, will I have to drag the parents to the interview?
    they could fill the akward silences so yep they would come in handy:)

No when I repeated i was 18 and didnt have to bring my parents..although i did 5th and 6th year before that so i dunno if it was cause they knew me or coz i just didnt have to bring them.I dont think you will.They just ask why you want to go to the institute..what you want to do in college...things like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kittycat91

phasers wrote: »
    My brother looked into repeating there and it was his old secondary school. Decent school, they're trying to make up the numbers to actually have a repeat class atm (Not many people seem to know they offer repeats) so I'd say you'd have no problems getting in anyway!

thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Im repeating, got the mumps during the Leaving Cert still got 355, needed 370 for Comp. Science in UCD. Going to check out the place that took over Ashfield, they have an open day at 5pm today.

bigred100 wrote: »
    Im repeating, got the mumps during the Leaving Cert still got 355, needed 370 for Comp. Science in UCD. Going to check out the place that took over Ashfield, they have an open day at 5pm today.

Got an interview on Wednesday, its called The Education Centre now. Anyone else heading here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im starting back in st.joesephs tomorow
    hopefully itll go well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I'm a repeat, started back on Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dandoline

Hi everyone

I'm going back to repeat Irish , English and Maths this year I'm doing hons Irish and English and Ord Maths problem I have is I first did the leaving in 2004 so Im just wondering If I could get some advice. I know I'm mad...Im really worried about Irish as I did Ord first time around and got B1 but Ive barely spoke a word of it in 5 years.

Any advice would be fantastic.

Dandoline

• Advertisement

i need to find somewhere else to repeat!

i hate it,i hate it,i hate it!!!!!!!!

i need to find somewhere else to repeat!

i hate it,i hate it,i hate it!!!!!!!!

Where you from?there are plenty of options..the institute,educational centre,plunkett college,rathmines....

li-evo7 wrote: »
    Where you from?there are plenty of options..the institute,educational centre,plunkett college,rathmines....

coolock.

the institute is too expensive and my mam and dad want me to stay on the northside.

id have no way of getting to plunketts,were considering it now but we dont know what busses i could get,

coolock.

the institute is too expensive and my mam and dad want me to stay on the northside.

id have no way of getting to plunketts,were considering it now but we dont know what busses i could get,
    Was it really that bad:eek:

Was it really that bad:eek:

it was so weird!!!

like were just in the normal 6th years classes,and theres only one other girl and shes repeating with her boyfriend.
    all the lads keep staring and stuff and its sooo uncomfortable!i hate people messing in classes and ive got that in some of my classes so far.i dont know if i could do any better in my exams here then last year

it was so weird!!!

like were just in the normal 6th years classes,and theres only one other girl and shes repeating with her boyfriend.
    all the lads keep staring and stuff and its sooo uncomfortable!i hate people messing in classes and ive got that in some of my classes so far.i dont know if i could do any better in my exams here then last year
    Oi that's terrible. I thought that was an ok school, woops. Maybe it'll get better?:confused:

Oi that's terrible. I thought that was an ok school, woops. Maybe it'll get better?:confused:

I dunno,like everyone whose repeating is lovely its just like i thought the repeat class would be seperate,i feel so uncomfortable all day.might get better

coolock.
    Plunketts is on the swords road right? There must be a bus that goes from the malahide road up that way:rolleyes:

Plunketts is on the swords road right? There must be a bus that goes from the malahide road up that way:rolleyes:

nope one from santry though,itd take two busses to get to but i dont really mind.
    i just was way too uncomfortable in joeys,even the desks are really uncomfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

nope one from santry though,itd take two busses to get to but i dont really mind.
    i just was way too uncomfortable in joeys,even the desks are really uncomfortable

Mercy College?
    I'm sure its better than Chanel anyway

• Advertisement

Mercy College?
    I'm sure its better than Chanel anyway

nah i went to marys,

I had a good first day anyway, found out I'm exempt from Irish, wooo:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

the 17a goes from coolock to the ballymun road, bit of a treck from there...maybe 20 minute walk.which isnt that far away. but, you could always link with the 16 bus from there drops you too door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

if you are near artaine the 20b leaves you about 5-7 minutes away from it.

Yeah im from near darndale though.
    were rinign up tomorow to see if theyve even got any places left

Just got back from The Education Centre and it is really looking nice, the new owners have completely renovated the place and I am actually looking forward to starting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Irishtrojan

yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

kittycat91 wrote: »
    does anyone know anything at all about repeating in cbs in lucan?? cant find anything at all about in on the net!

I was a 6th year there. From what I hear you cant repeat in Lucan anymore! Kilcock in Co. Kildare seems to be the new place (doubt much Lucan people will head out that way!!). Try Drumcondra, 2 lads I know are going there!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 toby92

I know you're able to repeat a single subject but im not sure how it works, could I repeat biology this year and if I do better can I simply put that grade into the points I got last year ?.If this isn't possible then is it easier to repeat or do a ''pre-university'' PLC ? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

im wondering for people who are repeating would you wear like uniform trousers to school? i find it easier wearing uniform but like we can wear what we want where im repeating. bit of a strange question but yeah.

Advertisement