Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos repeating?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

ANTIFA! wrote: »
    im wondering for people who are repeating would you wear like uniform trousers to school? i find it easier wearing uniform but like we can wear what we want where im repeating. bit of a strange question but yeah.
    Hmmm whatever floats your boat, but in saying that, you'd probably get some wierd looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

toby92 wrote: »
    I know you're able to repeat a single subject but im not sure how it works, could I repeat biology this year and if I do better can I simply put that grade into the points I got last year ?!
    Your points have to be from one sitting of the leaving cert. You can repeat to get biology as a requirement, but you can't use it for points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭dubois90

well alot of repeats go back today i think so how was everyones day!!!!

mine was good enough, bit awkward but everybody seemed nice. it sucks wearing non-uniform when everybody else is wearing them!!!

not exactly dreading the year but why oh why did the good weather have to dissapear on the day i go back, and another thing my glans are killing me :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

What you mean the good weather has disappeared?its a savage day where I am!! where are you repeating?? im starting on wednesday.Looking forward to it now but its still a bit daunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

One of my mate's is starting his first day repeating today in O'connel's.I don't start back for another two days so its all coolio, The weather is fine where I am anyhow its a bit cloudy apart from that its all gdgd, am off to stand outside the phoenix park to see if I can hear coldplay and enjoy the weather :pac:

• Advertisement

sean0 wrote: »
    One of my mate's is starting his first day repeating today in O'connel's.I don't start back for another two days so its all coolio, The weather is fine where I am anyhow its a bit cloudy apart from that its all gdgd, am off to stand outside the phoenix park to see if I can hear coldplay and enjoy the weather :pac:

I can hear it:)

Bejebus that asembly day at the institute was horrible:rolleyes:

theowen wrote: »
    Bejebus that asembly day at the institute was horrible:rolleyes:

Why??

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

Yeah the assembly day was boring, I had mine last Thursday, it doesn't help the way the chairs are the worst chairs out of all the chairs in the entire whole world :D

Anyhows just back from cold play, I didn't have a ticket got caught sneaking in 3 times,We got really close the third time, we got up to the area where the bands family where! anyone who was at the front entrance watching I was the guy the Garda where pretending to throw in the ditch :P

li-evo7 wrote: »
    Why??

Two and a half hour speech by 6 or 7 different people. Was out of there like lightning when I got my timetable done:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 electriks

I've been back with 2 weeks now cause i went to my 'old' school again.
    about 2 hours worth of free classes every day and sitting through classes i've been to. :(
    its like being thrown back into 1st year and being expected to pay attention....
    Anyone else finding repeating DEPRESSINGLY BORING ?????:mad:

And here's a first for me (considering how lazy i am) severely underchallenging????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kayashi

few days back and for me its grand. depends what u got first time i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I'm actually not finding it boring at all, what with a new English course to learn and everything. But then I missed a huge amount of days last year as I was sick. So some of the stuff I've never done in class before.
    To be honest I'm sort of enjoying repeating, now that I've dropped Irish there's no classes that I really hate and revisions kind of nice. I might change my tune in another few weeks, but for now I've made my peace with repeating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kayashi

yeah me neither. class are sound, school is easy to get to, good schedule for me(not in till 11.30 on a monday/off friday at 2.30. this= so so good) and all in all dont really mind repeating. dont no what it will be like as the year goes on but so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

Hey everyone.
    I got 525 in my leaving this year and I want to do European studies in Trinity. 525* is on the CAO website for it this year, but I didn't get an offer. I missed out on the random selection. Did this happen to anyone here?

Thing is, I really, really, really want to do European Studies, and I don't want to do my second choice (Arts International in Modern Languages UCD). I've been working towards European Studies since October of 5th year. No joke.
    At first I was gutted, now I'm considering repeating.

I went to see the principal of a school my friends went to that doesn't usually take repeats but he said he'd be delighted to have me in the school. It's a really nice, small school and my best friend goes there so it would not be bad repeating there. Also, I'm really quite young, I will be 18 in September.

What do you think of repeating with 525 points already under my belt?
    Of course I'm gonna go for my course if I get in in the second round, but I think it's unlikely I will be offered a place.
    Anyone with experience of repeating can you please tell me whether it was worth it and whether many go up a lot?

Thanks. A.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

if there really is a big difference between that course and your 2nd choice I would go for it. I repeated on 500 and went up 90 points to get my first choice. It is so worth it but i wouldn't entirely give up hope on getting it 2nd round

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

li-evo7 wrote: »
    Oh god i wouldn't advise repeating in the institute unless you can stay away from the temptation of the city centre lol!I was there for 5th year 6th year and 6th year again and i would never go back.Wish i never went. I was so good in my old school and worked hard and when I went there it all went wrong. They come across as being really strict on classes and stuff but it is the easy place to skip class and even the whole day!!! And trust me you will skip class in there as stephens green is right beside you. I am 20 now and have just done a year of college and I am going back to repeat the leaving again but not there ha!! And in my honest opinion the teachers are not all they are cracked up to be. I could have got better points in my old school. The results are only so good because there are 1000 people in 6th year!!
    if you have any self control this is not true. no they don't treat you as if you are children and go chasing after you but as you have PAID for the classes that you can ditch they assume you ahve a little more cop than that. i did 6th year and repeats there. only repeated because was really sick the first year and missed alot of classes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ClodaghJoan

To any mods, this is the last time I post this I swear but:

I'm doing a diary-blog of my repeat leaving cert year

http://clodaghjoan.blogspot.com

I've put a post up so you can see if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

lctake2 wrote: »
    if there really is a big difference between that course and your 2nd choice I would go for it. I repeated on 500 and went up 90 points to get my first choice. It is so worth it but i wouldn't entirely give up hope on getting it 2nd round

Thank you, sounds like it is worth repeating. Did you repeat in the same school? I think it will be better to have some sort of a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

I was planning on repeating in the marian but when I downloaded the application forms I realised they don't do german and some of my subjects clash :( so it's back to square 1 for me....

• Advertisement
Advertisement