Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car takes on Pillar this morning

• 12-08-2009 11:01am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Hi my car decided to take on a stupid pillar in my car park this morning and the car came out the worst.

it is all bent in and scraped.

now it is not worth my while getting it resprayed and panal beaten so i was wondering what should i put on the body work to stop it rusting ? will T-Cut work or should i get something else as well

thanks

PFB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭felim

If the scratch is deep enough that you're worried about rusting T-Cut will do feck all for you. Get a tin of touch up paint at any motor factors, you'll find the paint code online easy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

touch up paint if you want the colour to sort of match... but if its only the rust you want to stop, get a spary can of clear lacquer from any motor factor and spray over the area..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

thanks, i am not sure how deep the scrapes are.

will probably just get the lacquar

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

i was wondering what should i put on the body work to stop it rusting ?

Don't waste your time - you'll only make it worse. Leave it as a warning to other pillars not to get too close. Like a scar over a boxers eye...

Spend the money you would have spent on paint on something else.

'cptr

Advertisement