Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

software development course ?

Options
  • 12-08-2009 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

have interview coming up as a mature applicant re software development course , anyone know where i could get info on the course and possible job prospects out of it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

There is some information on the Sligo IT website here.Did you have a look at it?
    Surely you would have researched it before you applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

bobcar61 wrote: »
    There is some information on the Sligo IT website here.Did you have a look at it?
    Surely you would have researched it before you applied?
    had a look at that alright before applying but just more indept information to be able to give fairly extensive answers , any tips ?
    like if they ask about different subjects/aspects of the course that i will be able to cope ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The software development course would be 3 year course with a common first year accross software development, database management, systems and network, and games development (I think).

It is a good choice if you are not sure what to do as you can change between the programmes at the end of first year.

This allows you either to focus on or avoid programming after the first year.

The course also has a placement in the third year and there is a one year add on degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 CAPTIAN CRAZY

i'm reg 2moro, hope its a good coarse .wanted the web design but ,due to government fu€k up's its not available to to lack of funding :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

i'm reg 2moro, hope its a good coarse .wanted the web design but ,due to government fu€k up's its not available to to lack of funding :(

tbh, they are very similar courses. The core subjects are common to both. I did the software course, its a very good course and the college is starting to get a very good rep for their IT graduates, as they have done so well in the imagine cup for the last 2 years.

• Advertisement

tbh, they are very similar courses. The core subjects are common to both. I did the software course, its a very good course and the college is starting to get a very good rep for their IT graduates, as they have done so well in the imagine cup for the last 2 years.

thanx ,whats the job angles after wards ?

not fantastic at the moment, but that can be said about any profession at the moment. it will get better, in 4 years time it should have long recovered

not fantastic at the moment, but that can be said about any profession at the moment. it will get better, in 4 years time it should have long recovered

i hope we can dig our way out of this hole in 4 years but i fear not ,:confused:will software dev course delve deep enough into web design, to be able to fully navigate building a website without any assistance ?

yea, when i did the course, there was no web stuff in first year, it started in second year, you will do a lot of detailed web stuff in year 2,3 and 4 (if you do 4th year). creating web sites, email servers, email clients...... things like that

Advertisement