Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye.

• 12-08-2009 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Seriously thinking of dropping the cash on a Canon 15mm f/2.8 fisheye lens.I have an upcoming wedding and have seen a few shots with this lens.Is there anybody else who has it and is it really worth the money,given the fact that it would only be used sparingly? Thank's for all comments inadvance..;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Definitely worth the money for sharpness alone. I've contemplated to buy it a lot of times but decided against it for reasons unknown.

p.s I must catch up with ya before the TOI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Great lens and so sharp at all apertures, works great too as a remote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

I have it and use it at weddings, well worth it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I have one, and quite enjoyed it until it broke... It dosn't like being dropped.

Great lens though.

Mine must be a lot more sturdier than yours Al, had full size showjumping poles fall on it and its grand (just :))

This is shot with it and any of the other fisheye users will agree they have to be mighty close to get that full in the frame
    25052F9BBECC47FAB2373BEB51AB0686-800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

Borderfox wrote: »
    Mine must be a lot more sturdier than yours Al, had full size showjumping poles fall on it and its grand (just :))

This is shot with it and any of the other fisheye users will agree they have to be mighty close to get that full in the frame
    25052F9BBECC47FAB2373BEB51AB0686-800.jpg

I should have mentioned that i'll be using the Fisheye on a 40D/50D.This has only a 1.6 crop so i'd probably not get the full effect of the lens right???:confused:

Might be better off going for the 10mm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

Borderfox wrote: »
    Might be better off going for the 10mm?

Looked at the digital-picture.com and can't see it there.Could you send me a link please? I wanted to buy the 15mm fisheye as i'm going to upgrade to a full frame body next year.I have only one other EF-S lens, a 17-55mm f/2.8, all my other lenses are L glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I had the 15mm sigma fisheye on a 1.6 sensor and rarely used it due to the crop factor. Love it on my full frame now though

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

Why not just rent one and see if you like it? (Or just rent it for the wedding)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

2256573367_456b54b251.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

Fenster wrote: »
    2256573367_456b54b251.jpg?v=0

this cat looks cute and evil all at the same time!! COOL!:D

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Another using it as a remote, where it works best for me is in these positions where you need as much dof as possible and it really shine there

C7B27FA0E1F7422F88534F335805F121-800.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭chezzer

I got the SIGMA 15mm f2.8 fisheye and its fantastic ...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Orly

I can second that motion on the Sigma version - cheaper and equally good, if not better according to reviews. I have it and can't recommend it enough.

I just doubt how much use you will get out of such a lens for a wedding though. While it will certainly give a nice style to some shots, you might find yourself going overboard with the effect. Consider the distance to subject too - it's hardly ideal for taking nice candid shots of people enjoying themselves at a wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

This will probably my next lens I may invest in, I seen a brilliant gig shot of a band called Estel, it was of their female keyboard player.

Advertisement