Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

brazil /ireland

• 12-08-2009 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

dont know if any one will know this but ill be moving to brazil in a while and id like to bring my xbox with me. i know all about the power being different, but what i dont know is if i log onto xbox live in brazil will i be on the same server as my friends i have here already or will i be on a brazilian server. not sure if there is even one there?????
    thanks
    ohh and does anyone know if they are pal or ntsc games??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Bring the console, but you'll need a new power supply. 110 Volt. Your console is PAL. You'll be restricted to buying games online (shouldn't be an issue) they use NTSC, and your Xbox Live server will be dependent on the IP address from your Broadband provider.

All different, but better than replacing the console, a friend tells me anything not made in Brazil is taxed very heavily making them very expensive.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pires

Hey I can say to you in BOM PORTUGUES or in english :)

You will need a TV with HDMI otherwise your image will be black and wite, about the servers like the other mate said, you can play with everyone even with people form Canada, USA or China

About the power you can buy a transformer and will work, I got some stuff to my mother last year and a transformer did the trick ( also a extension lead would be hand to hook up few devices )

Boa sorte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

I have been to Brazil a few times with the Missus and it shocks me how much the consoles and games are! It would be like here having the Games costing 250 Euros and the consoles 1500 :eek:. Make sure you bring all the Games/Peripherials you need with you and boa sorte :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

john_g83 wrote: »
    I have been to Brazil a few times with the Missus and it shocks me how much the consoles and games are! It would be like here having the Games costing 250 Euros and the consoles 1500 :eek:.
    Which is when I was there a couple of years ago, PS2 was the console of choice due to the availability of cheap (pirated) games.

Advertisement