Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brno .223 deluxe

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

James44 wrote: »
    Bull****,i am starting to think most of you on here are armchair hunters,if the truth be known most of you were never in a field,so put that that up your arse and blow it out,
    James44 is now on a week's holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

Hello all,only started today and look forward to reading and helping if i can,
    well i have a question if i may,
    i have bought myself a Brno .223 and i would like to know what distance should i target it in at,i was told 100 yards and keep it at 1 1/2 inches high at the point of aim so this would make it bang on at 200 yards,has anyone ever targeted it in at 50 yards and is it bang on at 50 or low or high,
    looking forward to your replys
    James.

You came along looking for some advise from people here. Great idea, sound people with a vast amount of expierence and knowlage. Always only too happy to help and offer input.

Bull****,i am starting to think most of you on here are armchair hunters,if the truth be known most of you were never in a field,so put that that up your arse and blow it out,

Then this? Why? If you ask for someone's opinon, then disagree, fair enough. But it can be done in a respectful manor.

If you do bother coming back after your little holiday try to be a little more respectful. It don't cost anything to be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

clivej wrote: »
    James
    I think FMJ are used in warfare on humans not to kill but to mame people and thats why the .223 round is known as the american military bullet.
    The same will apply when used on amimals in that the FMJ will pass through and not expand and give the humain kill that hunters want.

If you use a HP, hollow point or BS, balistic tip, type of bullet then these are designed to expand and open up the bullet tract and kill. You can buy Federal HP 50gr @€;13-€14 a box for hunting and use the FMJ just for shooting paper or tin cans.

And people give the guy a break he's just starting out and is looking for tips and ways to hunt proper like just the way you all do. :rolleyes:

Well James I was replying to your post as you were berating those who are trying to help you and put you on a good short safe learning curve.

Please don't expect any more replies to your posts from me if your taking that atitude.

In fact give up the REAL gun and take up paint ball shootoing as you'll do less harm.

CliveJ..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Folks, the OP has been banned (for a week) and so isn't in a position to reply.
    Please stick to the thread topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

This reminded me of lads who borrowed some target rounds from me to set their sights. They came back saying that they were no good because the bunnies just ran off when they shot them. :eek:

I exlained that they were only for targets that are pinned to a board and can't run off. ;)

It's the same issue though and the lads were suitably chastened when they realised what they'd done.

When the differrence in price is less than 20c a round, it really doesn't bear thinking about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement