Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

return flights around christmas time

Options
  • 12-08-2009 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

lads,

anyone have any good tips on getting half decent priced return flights from sydney to ireland or the uk for 2 people, we can get a rynair flight from the uk if needed, ive been looking around online and the prices are shockingly expensive.

i understand that its that time of year and everything is expensive, but maybe someone on here might know something that others dont and share a few tips on getting cheaper flights,

our flight dates are flexible , we are thinking of doing 2 weeks in ireland and take in christmas, the new yr does not matter if we are in ireland or oz,

cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 forgodssake22

Try STA Travel. Got my flights via Kuala Lumper from Perth to Heathrow for 1900 Dollar return with Air Asia leaving on the 15th of December coming back late January. Getting Air Lingus then to Dublin. It would have cost the exact same from Melbourne so im guessing Sydney would be no different.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

will check them out , thanks fgs, anybody else ??? keep em coming,

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I got return $2100 with eithad .... you won't get 1/2 price at xmas that is for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

I paid $3075 return from Sydney last year

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

Try www.kayak.com
    That's what we used to find our tickets. It gathers its info from websites that gather their info from the airlines.

It's hard to find good deals around Xmas time though.
    Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

$2300 return to Dublin from Sydney with Ethiad - Dec 18th to Jan 4th. I found an offer on expedia, then got onto filght centre to see if they could beat it and they did. That was about a month ago though so not sure what the prices are like now.

Virgin Atlantic have a sale on now for flights to Dublin - check out their website - but not sure if it includes christmas

Advertisement