Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New free bikes for Dublin - video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I've been looking at the website (http://www.dublinbikes.ie/) to try and figure out how they work, the website is awful.
    I think i've figured out that you can't just use a credit card to get one, you have to have pre bought either a 3 day or yearly card and there is a subscription charge for those cards, is that right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

This is such a bad idea and waste of money, a scheme like this would work fine in a lot of European cities, but people in Dublin have no respect for our surroundings or what is provided to us- these bikes will just be vandalised out of commission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MyDublin

BC wrote: »
    I've been looking at the website (http://www.dublinbikes.ie/) to try and figure out how they work, the website is awful.
    I think i've figured out that you can't just use a credit card to get one, you have to have pre bought either a 3 day or yearly card and there is a subscription charge for those cards, is that right?

I have subscribed through the website. You can get a subscription by either credit card or direct debit. If you want to wait until it launches then you can go directly to some of the stations that accept credit cards and get a ticket there but this will only last for 3 days. The 3 day ticket is €2 and I think it is aimed at visitors or tourists whereas the yearly card is only €10 for the year (much better value) If you never use a bike for more than 30 minutes then your total bill for the year is only the cost of registering i.e. €10.

You can't expect to be able to take the bikes without a subscription - it wouldn't make sense?

Advertisement