Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed on digital VIDEO camera

Options
  • 12-08-2009 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭HollowMan

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place.
    I got to a lot of local football, handball and boxing matches and I'm hoping to record some stuff for my own website.
    Any ideas of a good camera? I have a fairly decent camera for taking pics (nikon d100) so I'm looking for a good quality video recorder and a cheap programme to edit the stuff.
    Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bryan.d

you could try going to film base first and rent one. they have a few. it might help you decide which one is best to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

HollowMan wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place.
    I got to a lot of local football, handball and boxing matches and I'm hoping to record some stuff for my own website.
    Any ideas of a good camera? I have a fairly decent camera for taking pics (nikon d100) so I'm looking for a good quality video recorder and a cheap programme to edit the stuff.
    Can anyone help?

What is you budget mate?

Oh, and for the love of baby Jebus, please don't go to argos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Col.Cholmcille

It appears that the original poster and I are in the same boat.

I'm also seeking a camcorder to create educational videos which can then be edited and then uploaded to YouTube. It being the recession and all, less than €300 would be my budget.

I'm impressed enough with what I've been reading about the Flip, in particular its HD version, but would feel reassured if I could buy it with the benediction of Board members who know something about camcorders (seeing as I don't).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tiir

My camcorder of choice would be the Sony A1. It uses mini DV tape, which is cheap to buy and store. If you were shooting full matches you would need that. It shoots HD which in the future you might need. It has an XLR audio break out box for taking in good audio from good mics and its tiny. Take the xlr adapter off and you can take it on your holidays in the palm of your hand. The cost is around 2,000 euro but worth it. If your budget is for more normal consumer type of camcorders the most important thing to remember is the audio. The image will be roughfly the same on all of them. You want there to be some type of input for a microphone. Also you want to make sure that it records 16:9 (that is the ratio for widescreen) like the shape of nearly all new tvs.

TTFN

TIIR;)

Advertisement