Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fogging Goggles....

Options
  • 12-08-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

I've any number of pairs of goggles (multiple Speedo Futura's, and Aqua Sphere) but as soon as they hit open water, they fog for the entire distance.

As a fully paid up zig-zagger, this only adds to my sighting problems.

I do the old spit-rub-rinse routine, but this wears-off after a couple of minutes.

Any other suggestions (does the anti-fog spray work)?

cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I find the anti fog stuff stings a lot. Maybe I'mjust not patient enough to let it dry properly. I find zoggs good for not fogging but tbh, I don't know if that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bagus

Clean the goggles well with a clean dry cloth before you head to the open water. Any dirt/grease etc... will cause your goggles to fog .

Spit/rub/rinse works, but only if the goggles are 100% clean to begin with.

(Maybe your suncream, or body glide is causing it)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭hunkymonkey

Give them a good clean with shower gel, make sure ya rinse well with warm water for 1min though. I know someone who put it on neat and didn't rinse, tore the eyes off him. Works as good as anti-fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Pissarro

saliva prevents fogging-up

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

After you've swam, wash your goggles in hot water with a lot of Fairy liquid in it. Don't rinse them and leave leave them to dry normally.

This generally works for me. There's surfactant in the washing up liquid that helps prevent fogging.

I also use anti-fog sometimes, the Aqua Sphere stuff you don't have to leave to dry, squirt some in before you swim, swill it around for 10 seconds and then rinse it out as you get into the pool.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I use anti fog solution and it works better than anything else I've tried. I still get a bit of fogging if the water is very cold but usually only have to clear them once. Some people swear by a rinse out before they swim, others prefer to put goggles onto their face dry. You'll have to see what works best for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Rub some toothpaste on the inside of the goggles - works with diving masks.

Advertisement