Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI switch recommendations?

• 12-08-2009 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks.

I've a wonderful media centre (Sony STR-DA7100ES). It has 2 HDMI IN ports, and 1 HDMI out port.

I currently have a PS3 (HDMI) and Sony DVD/HDD recorder using my HDMI ports.

But, I've now ordered NTL HD, which will require a HDMI port too.

Any advice on a HDMI switch device? Nothing too expensive, but I want something reliable and quality.

I've had a browse on Komplett, but would like some first hand experience, if possible. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i have used manual HDMI switches and they're a pain in the arse - but cheap. every time you need to switch input you have to go over to the switch and press the button. they're 30 quid for 2 in 1 out. i have also used a Techlink auto switcher which has 5 in 1 out and has a remote control as well. it retails for about €100

there are plenty others out there but they are the some of the devices i've used that i reckon will sort out your problems

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

I have an ORA 4 in, 1 out HDMI switch with remote, it does the job fine.
    Have you considered using component cables to connect your Sony HDD/DVD to the tv (or the NTL box) if you have them? You will still get a good picture, and it would be a neater & cheaper solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Thanks folks.

I prefer to use the HDMI since it can carry both picture and sound.

I guess one HDMI switcher is as good as another really, so I'll just go order one (with a remote). :D

Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement