Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP ipaq/Tesco Mobile

• 12-08-2009 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,
    A friend of mine recently gave me his old HP ipaq 514. I purchased a SIM card from Tesco but can't seem to get it to work with the ipaq. The ipaq picks up the network only when I go into SETTINGS>PHONE>NETWORKS and select "find a new network". Does the phone have to be unlocked to work correctly with this network or do I just have to change some of the settings to get it to work? Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

you do know nobody on 3 can call you if your on tesco, get a sim from another provider..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

you do know nobody on 3 can call you if your on tesco, get a sim from another provider..

In that case you could say don't get a 3 SIM as you won't be able to call anyone usings Tescos service :P

But I would try always try another SIM before struggling with connection and setup problems just to check its the same problem on differnt networks. O2 sims used to be free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

One friend on 3 is enough reason to not move to tesco..not to mention trying to top up the phone..it also uses o2's ****e 80's network which can't make video calls so no fun and games with the mrs..

Recommend a vodafone or meteor sim for it..no point in getting a 3 sim as it won't work in 2G phone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CuriousClouseau

I tried my o2 SIM and that doesn't work either. It picks up the Network and shows coverage but I still can't make any calls... Its exactly the same as the Tesco SIm. BTW, doesn't Tesco use the o2 Network?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I tried my o2 SIM and that doesn't work either. It picks up the Network and shows coverage but I still can't make any calls... Its exactly the same as the Tesco SIm. BTW, doesn't Tesco use the o2 Network?

Yes they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement