Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anytime banking (Ulster Bank) Can't log on!

Options
  • 12-08-2009 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having trouble with the service today, site seems to be open but my codes etc won't work!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Same here. Are you using firefox 3.5.x? Try using IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

This happened to me before and it turned out it was the northern irish or english site i was trying to log onto. Just make sure its the ROI site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's working for me using this link
    http://www.ulsterbankanytimebanking.ie/

There's (what I would consider) an unusual message about updating your phone number details in case they need to contact you about transactions though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Internet Explorer works fine, the latest releases with Firefox 3.5 do not seem to work at the moment. Use Internet Explorer to log in an you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Random wrote: »
    It's working for me using this link
    http://www.ulsterbankanytimebanking.ie/

There's (what I would consider) an unusual message about updating your phone number details in case they need to contact you about transactions though.
    This is using FF 3.5.2 without issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Just got back in today, had to re-register, used all the same passwords as always and they wouldn't work - got it sorted though -god knows what the bank did !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Anyone else having trouble with the service today, site seems to be open but my codes etc won't work!

This is happening for me also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have just logged in just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Hey ,

Just an update on this.

As you can see from my post above I was unable to log on last week.

I received a letter from Ulster Bank online to contact them and today I did.

I expected to be told that I had locked myself out of my account but instead was told that my account had been suspended as my details (including my password etc) had been found on a hard drive that was involved in some some kind of fraud ring.

Obviously my home pc had been infected with some kind of trojan virus. I was told that one of the signs of this was that the machine would be very slow or take a long time to boot up. This had happened a few months ago but after a few weeks it seemed to return to normal so I put it down to the pc being a few years old.

I was told that the likely culprit was a virus called wsnpoem which recorded keystokes and eventually got my password. I was advised to format the drive rather than use any kind of anti virus software.

I think I will be using my work pc in future for my online banking !!

Advertisement