Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel - conditional formatting & sharing a workbook conflict

Options
  • 12-08-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

I've a simple formula in a tracking spreadsheet which flags what deliveries are due back 'today' from our suppliers.

For example in cell A I insert the expected due date back.

The formula sits in cell B and is highlighted in blue if the delivery is not due back today. Once the due date is reached the text switches to 'Due Today' and the cell is highlighted in orange.

=IF(I4=TODAY(),"Due Today","Not today")

This was working fine until this morning in that the deliveries due back today are reading 'Due Today' but the cell is not changing to orange.

I think this is due to the fact that I shared the workbook with a colleague of mine.

How can I ensure that a cell switches to orange when a due date is reached and also when the workbook is shared?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 SlimeyGoose

madds wrote: »
    I've a simple formula in a tracking spreadsheet which flags what deliveries are due back 'today' from our suppliers.

For example in cell A I insert the expected due date back.

The formula sits in cell B and is highlighted in blue if the delivery is not due back today. Once the due date is reached the text switches to 'Due Today' and the cell is highlighted in orange.

=IF(I4=TODAY(),"Due Today","Not today")

This was working fine until this morning in that the deliveries due back today are reading 'Due Today' but the cell is not changing to orange.

I think this is due to the fact that I shared the workbook with a colleague of mine.

How can I ensure that a cell switches to orange when a due date is reached and also when the workbook is shared?

Thanks.

Did you check to see if the worksheet has gone to manual calculation? Other user(s) may have manual calculation on their excel, so when you open the spreadsheet it is not updating.

Try F9 and see if this works?

Advertisement