Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printer on Windows ME

• 12-08-2009 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭

Hi there, bit of a compatibility prob someone might be able to help out with. A friend of my mums has bought a new printer (Canon PIXMA MP 260) to go with her PC. Trouble is she's running Windows ME (Millenium Edition) on the PC! Now the printer's only compatibile with Vista, XP and 2000, and despite trawling the internet I can't find any software or drivers that will make the printer backwards compatibile with ME. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I'm going to tell her she'll prob just have to upgrade her OS to XP, cos this will happen with most stuff she buys now, but thought I'd just check here first!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

She won't find ME drivers for it unfortunately. Her best bet is to return the printer if possible and try locate one with Win 98/ME support. There are a few still around but getting scarce.

Upgrading the OS on a Win ME spec machine isn't a great plan either. It'll be dog slow and chances are you won't find 2000/XP drivers for some of the devices on the pc itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

extract the win2k driver into any folder. then find the printer in the device drivers list right click on it, click update driver and locate to the driver setup information file. i think the file extension is .ini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Thanks for the replys guys, happily she has decided to just buy a new PC - much needed I reckon!

Advertisement