Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evony

Options
  • 12-08-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

So I just started playing a new MMORPG, Evony Online. Basically similar to the likes of OGame, but medieval style. Quite enjoyable game, wondering if anyone else plays.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 booboobear

no, is it free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Yeah. They keep trying to sell you game credits, but you don't have to buy anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

the banners for it on sites is very misleading :P

I know! I actually wouldn't join for ages because the banners seemed a bit... Seedy. But the game itself has none of that, it's all strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

I have been playing a few weeks now. Its a good game kinda like Age Of Empires. Part of the alliance Medieval.

• Advertisement

Big alliance that. Good guys though, from what I see. Got an invite from ya'll.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dmullins3

hey ive just started playin it. actually i cud u give me an invitation code so i can start playin? id b v grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 3 touraneenajames

I've been playin since server 20 started currently ranked #520. Gets alot harder when you rise as you start to encounter the real money spenders and tbh all the strategy in the world cant beat that money talks. I don't believe in spending money on a strategy game takes the fun outa. Really enjoy the game tho, requires time and regular log in and farming to feed your armies so only dedicated players can suceed. Plus you need to start to learn battle strategy etc, biggest mistake I made starting off was didnt concentrate enough on army and too much on building got wiped twice as a result and had cities taken from me, but doin good now enjoyin life at the er well sort of top

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

Played this for the last 2 weeks while recovering from an injury - addictive mindless entertainment during that time, but I reached a point where to advance, I had to either click on a map repeatedly for hours on end, or else spend €€€.
    I'm more or less recovered from the injury now, so going to kick a football against a wall repeatedly instead - much more rewarding. Evony entertained me for a couple of weeks, but leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth - lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Tribal wars is the exact same style game, just a million times better and with a significantly smaller marketing budget...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

dmullins3 wrote: »
    hey ive just started playin it. actually i cud u give me an invitation code so i can start playin? id b v grateful

Heres some invitation codes for ievony if anybody else wants one

ea05ac7grqt2bzp 2009-09-20 17:56:14 Active
    yr18it5b7b8m7fg 2009-09-20 16:57:23 Active
    m6yy5mhg1rtjfcx 2009-09-20 16:57:23 Active
    vaocynmky9vmv21 2009-09-20 16:57:23 Active
    r4npitsgpt7is3u 2009-09-20 16:57:23 Active
    5y4trigt2u2yxdg 2009-09-20 16:57:23 Active
    e4l29jvhzka72ia 2009-09-20 16:57:23 Active
    cnogxvytohoqv13 2009-09-20 16:57:23 Active
    bfnchxwsevc5iu3 2009-09-20 16:57:23 Active
    86rd248hxxy13t2 2009-09-20 16:57:23 Active

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Eoinzzz

I play quite a lot, great game but everything is geared around trying to take your money. Thankfully, I have never spent a red cent and dont intend to. If you play clever enough you shouldnt need to. If you have played age of empires in the passed this should be a doddle to progress for you.

Advertisement