Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liffey Valley to Hanover Street East

Options
  • 12-08-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I need to know what are the options in getting from Liffey Valley to Hanover Street East for 9am. What bus / buses are there for the route ?
    How long would the journey take etc ?.
    Would driving be out of the question in terms of traffic / parking ?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Duster wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I need to know what are the options in getting from Liffey Valley to Hanover Street East for 9am. What bus / buses are there for the route ?
    How long would the journey take etc ?.
    Would driving be out of the question in terms of traffic / parking ?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Just about any bus passing on the road towards the city centre would do 25, 25a, 66, 67 etc, they'll all stop at the quays. Probably take about 30 mins or so, as always it'll be very traffic dependant. This is all based on my experiences from a few years back, so all that road mangling they did may have improved/worsened things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

bus into town, then 74/74a, terminus is nearby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Assuming those Lucan buses terminate near O'Connell bridge(i'm not sure), it would be a 20min walk max down to Hanover st East that is if you find it quicker than waiting for the 2nd bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ideally get one of the buses across the dual carriageway at the footbridge, not buses that go into the centre.

So 25/a/x, 51d, 66/a/b/d/x, 67/a/x and get off at Townsend Street, then walk to Hanover Street or get a 1, 2, 3, 50, 56a, 74/a, 77/a at the Screen Cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Duster

Thanks for the info guys.

I have been looking at the dublinbus.ie site and it would be a big help if they had mapping to show their routes etc :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Advertisement